Part 14: Feels Like Home

Lunar's POV

I continued to crawl and I soon found the part of our ship with no dragon around in a bigger hole that was filled with old energy stuff that didn't work anymore. I picked the part up but just as I did I could feel that something was behind me. Slowly turning around I saw the dragon looking right at me with its black eyes.

Me: "Easy it's okay." 

The dragon let out a roar making me drop the part. I quickly picked up Hunter's gun and pointed it at the creature. The dragon roared again and that's when I noticed something interesting. The dragon was really interested in my flashlight. I moved it away from its face to the ground to see that the dragon was trying to catch the light. I could feel that the creature wasn't dangerous it only wanted the energy of the flashlight. 

Voice: "Luna!" 

The voice belonged to Hunter. He woke up! The dragon looked away from me so it could look toward where I came from. Then it looked back at me and roared again. 

What if I give the flashlight to the dragon and I can take the part? 

I tossed the flashlight away and the dragon immediately ran to it and began to suck the energy out of it. It actually looked pretty amazing. In the time that the dragon was playing with the flashlight, I took the part and began to crawl back to the way I came from. 

Hunter: "Luna!" 

The moment that I poked my head out of the hole I saw Hunter's worried eyes. He helped me out of the hole then I looked back at him. 

Hunter: "Are you okay? What were you thinking of going down there? Did you get hurt?" 

Me: "Hunter calm down. I got the part back." 

Hunter: "It's not about the part." 

Me: "I'm alright Hunter. I got the part back and I didn't need to use your gun." 

I offered him his gun back but instead of taking it, he didn't look away from me. He...He was really worried about me. Looking away from me he took his gun and placed it behind his belt. 

Hunter: "Let's go." 

He began to walk and together we returned to the ship. After Echo and Tech returned the part to its place they joined us on the ship. 

Hunter: "Tech, get us outta here." 

Tech: "Gladly." 

I took a seat on the nearby chair and as Tech turned the ship on we left the planet. I was actually glad that we left that planet. Not one of my favorites so far in this journey. 

Tech: "Systems are up and running." 

Wrecker: "Yeah, took you long enough." 

He said as he came into the control room. 

Echo: "And where have you been?" 

Wrecker turned the chair I was sitting on around so he could face me and then went to one knee. 

Wrecker: "Can you come with me for a moment?" 

He asked as he offered me his big hand. 

Wrecker: "And close your eyes." 

He chuckled making me smile. I placed my hand over my eyes and with another hand, I took hold of his hand. After standing up he carefully began to lead me. After taking a few steps he let go of me but I still didn't remove the hand that was over my eyes. I had no idea what he was doing but I could see that he was very excited. 

Wrecker: "Okay. Open'em." 

Removing my hand I looked at Wrecker who had a big smile on his face. 

Wrecker: "Check it out!" 

With his hands, he showed me to his left and I saw stairs that led to a small room that was covered. I approach the stairs and after stepping on two of them I remove the covers to see a small room. It had a bed made of matrice with a pillow and blanket on top of it. Next to the pillow, I saw a Wreckers doll. But the best thing about this room was the amazing view of a million stars. 

Wrecker: "It's your own room!" 

I stepped into the room so I could look around. The room had lights that I could turn on and off. The glass that looked out of the stairs also had a cover for more privacy. I never expected this. 

Wrecker: "Well, what do you think? I thought this place could feel more like home." 

Me: "You did all of this for me?" 

I asked as I picked Lola. 

Wrecker: "Yes. What do yo-" 

Me: "It's perfect." 

I said as I looked back at him with the biggest smile I ever had. This really did feel like home. I was really happy. 

Me: "Thank you Wrecker." 

Wrecker: "Oh it was nothing." 

He said as his hand touched the back of his head. His cheeks were red as the Tatooinian berry fruit. 

Me: "I never had my room before." 

I said as I took a seat on the ground with Lola in my hands. 

Hunter: "Well you are a part of this squad now too." 

He said as he stepped next to Wrecker with Tech and Echo behind him.