Part 52: Broken Promise

Lunar's POV 

I was opening the pods with droids in them as fast as I could when I suddenly felt eyes on me. Quickly turning around I saw a trooper pointing his blaster at me. 

Trooper: "Freez!" 

Me: "Hello." 

Trooper placed his hand on the comm device, and by doing that he lowered his blaster a little. His blaster was pointing at my arm instead of my stomach as before. 

Trooper: "Sir, I've found the girl." 

Crosshair: "Send her on a shuttle off-world." 

No, I can't let that happen. The team needs me. 

Hunter's POV 

Crosshair: "Send her on a shuttle off-world." 

Me: "Crosshair don't." 

Crosshair: "I am doing this for her own good. And yours." 

Me: "Luna belonged with us." 

Crosshair: "Living among fugitives when she's in constant danger? If you want to protect her, then let her go. Stop pretending you are something, you are not Hunter. We are not like the regs. We never have been. We're superior. The Empire can't protect the galaxy without strength. This is what we were meant for. Think of all we could do together." 

At that moment he cut the handcuffs off my hands. I looked up at him in shock. 

Crosshair: "We were brothers once. We can be again." 

He said as he turned me around and pushed me away from him. I looked back at him in shock. 

Me: "Why would we trust you?" 

He pointed his blaster at me, and then he looked at the troopers. 

Crossahir: "Stand down." 

Trooper: "Negative Commander." 

At that moment Crosshair removed the blaster away from me and pulled the trigger. He used one of his old tricks to shoot every trooper around us down as one blast hit everyone. In shock, I looked back at him. He removed his helmet as he approached me. 

Crossahir: "Does that answer your question?" 

Lunar's POV 

Trooper: "I said move it." 

Me: "Can't do that. I am kind of in the middle of something." 

The trooper heard AZI and as it pointed his blaster at him I began to run towards him with my hand grabbing for lightsaber. Before the trooper could point the blaster at me I activated it and swung it cutting the blaster in half. Then AZI came behind the trooper and knocked him out with the mental tablet he took from the drawer knocking him out. 

Me: "Nice work AZI." 

AZI: "I didn't know you had a lightsaber Lunar." 

Me: "Let's go, we don't have much time." 

Placing the lightsaber behind my belt I began to run with AZI right behind me. 

Hunter's POV 

Crosshair: "You all are meant for much more than drifting through the galaxy. It's time to stop running. Join the Empire and you will have purpose again." 

Me: "You really don't get who we are, do you?" 

Crosshair: "Don't make the same mistake twice. Don't become my enemy." 

Me: "Crosshair...we never were." 

At that moment the alarm went off making Crosshair look back at the battle droids that came out from down below. Taking my chance I charged at Crosshair and pushed him on the ground. As I was wrestling him for the knife and blaster, Wrecker, Tech, and Echo began to shoot at the dorids that were coming at us. 

Wrecker: "Hey, why did you activate the droids?!" 

Tech: "This was not my doing." 

Taking hold of my hands Crosshair turned me around and hit me in the face with his fist. I used my legs to kick him off me then I quickly stood up and began to fight him again. Hitting me in the ribbs I grabbed his arms and threw him on the ground. I picked up my gun that I saw on the floor and began to shoot at the dorids. 

Hearing them coming from behind I turned around and began to shoot at them. From the corner of my left eye, I saw Crosshair standing up but I could not face him. Too many droids were coming at us. To my shock, he began to shoot at the dorids as well. We got closer to others just so we could face the droids together. 

As Wrecker threw one on the ground I grabbed my knife and began to run toward the droid that was showing me his back. I jumped onto his back and smashed my knife into his head. He tried to resist me but suddenly a shot hit him in the head killing him. As I jumped down I looked back to see that it was Crosshair. We gave each other a quick look before we continued fighting the droids. 

At that moment I saw Luna. She came off the tower and began to shoot at the droids. She was okay. With all of us shooing we got droids offline and as the last one fell I looked towards Crosshair who was showing me his back. Standing up he began to turn around so he could see me pointing his blaster at him. 

Me: "Crossahir, forget the Empire. This isn't you. It's your inhibitor chip. We can help you." 

Crosshair: "Wrong. I had my chip removed a long time ago." 

My eyes winded in shock. This can't be true. Crosshair. My friend. My brother. 

Me: "Since when?" 

Crosshair: "Does it matter?" 

Me: "Yes!" 

Crosshair: "This is who I am." 

Seeing that he was about to reis his blaster I pulled the trigger and knocked him out. His eyes closed as his body fell to the ground. 

Luna: "Hunter!" 

She came running to me at great speed and with tears in her eyes, she burst into my arms. Dropping the blaster on the ground I let my hands come around her so I could hug her tighter. 

Me: "Luna." 

Holding her in my arms made me feel like I never left before. Removing her hands away from around my neck she looked up at me. I was able to see her beautiful smile. 

Me: "I'm sorry Luna. I know I promised you'd never have to come back here." 

Luna: "You would do the same for me." 

Me: "You know me well." 

Removing my hands away from her I walked to Crosshair who was on the floor. Going down I checked his head to see that he was telling the truth. He had removed his chip a long time ago. 

Tech: "Hunter, three Venators are descending on the city. We need to leave now." 

He said as he stepped forward. I took hold of Crosshair's blaster. 

Me: "Wrecker, grab Crosshair. He's coming with us." 

I looked at Luna who gave me a thankful look. With that, we began to run with a droid right behind Luna who was running behind me. Suddenly the ground shook hard and light came down. 

Me: "Hurry! Get to the lift!" 

Coming outside I looked up at the warship that was shooting down at us. 

Me: "BACK INSIDE! GO!"

Grabbing a hold of Luna's hand I pulled her after me back inside.