Part 31: Reunion

Hunter's POV

Coming to the armoury Wrecker pushed the doors open and Luna was the first one to step into the room with the flashlight pointing in front of her. Stepping into the room myself I began to look around and saw that there was a lot of stuff that we could sell and get the money that we own to Cid.

I opened one of the creds to find blasters that were never used before. On the market they would bring us good money. As much as I never thought that I would be doing this, we needed the credits. Echo and I began to gather stuff as Wrecker and Luna stepped further into the room.

Finding a carrier I placed one of the boxes on it. It will be easier to pull the carrier than to carry every box to our ship. Suddenly the light in the room came on.

Tech: "The power is back on."

Wrecker: "Yeah we see it."

Luna: "Good job Tech."

Under my helmet there came a smile. With my carrier I began to make my way towards Wrecker and Luna with Echo by my side when Luna came running past us. She waved her head as she quickly ran out of the room.

Echo: "Where is she going?"

He asked Wrecker.

Wrecker: "Tech needed her help. So will this do?"

Me: "With all of this we will not need to work for Cid anymore."

Echo: "If we'd left with Rex, we wouldn't have to owe Cid at all."

Me: "He is on a different path than us."

Echo: "Hunter we are soldiers. What other path is there?"

Lunar's POV

Finding the control room I was about to step in when I tripped over something and almost fell. I need to be more careful. Stepping into the room I began to look for Tech. I found him laying on the ground and croft system.

Me: "How is it going Tech?"

He looked down a little to meet my eyes before looking back at his work. He was the only one that could have his mask on his head and I would be able to see his eyes through it.

Tech: "We are in luck. Whoever scottled this shop didn't wipe the hardware's data imprint."

He pushed himself away from the controls so he could sit up.

Tech: "I am transferring the files, but I still need to copy the master drive."

He offered me the key and I took it.

Tech: "It's under that panel."

Me: "You got it."

As I approached the panel my eyes stopped on the view. All that I could see was a ship graveyard.

Me: "Tech, if you don't mind me asking. What was the war like?"

Tech: "It was a primary mission objective consisting of battles in various forms."

Me: "But what was it like?"

Tech: "Hm? I just told you."

Me: "What about the war threw your eyes?"

To my surprise I didn't get the answer. Maybe I asked a stupid question. Suddenly I heard a soft beeping. Looking to the motor I saw a red light blinking.

Me: "Tech, we have a blinking button."

Standing up he approached me.

Tech: "That's the proximity sensor. It signals when there's an approaching vessel. It's most likely a short circuit."