Part 24: We Were Just Soldiers

Lunar's POV 

Hearing a scream suddenly a woman fell next to us. She was dressed as one of the workers. For a moment I thought that she got hurt but to my surprise, she quickly picked herself up. As she looked at us I saw that she looked exactly like the woman who saved me.

Woman 2: "Oh, I'm fine. Don't worry about me or anything."

Seeing one of the police droids climbing the stairs behind her I pointed my blaster at it and shot the droid right in the head killing it.

Woman 1: "Nice shoot." 

Woman 2: "Well, this has been a real treat, but as you can see, the tactical droid is ours."

Hunter: "We can debate this later. If we wanna get out of here, we need to work together."

All four of us began to shoot at more droids that were coming at us. 

Woman 2: "Fine, but I still don't like you."

Hunter: "I'm used to it."

Getting them down we turned around and began to run.

Tech: "Wrecker, come in. Wrecker?"

Why wasn't he answering? Where was he? Coming to Echo and Tech we took cover behind some pipes.

Hunter: "All the exits are blocked."

Echo: "And it's about to get worse. A large wave of police droids is headed our way."

Woman 1: "We need a diversion."

She said making me look at her. Her sister looked at her as well.

Woman 2: "What we need is a diversion."

She said before continue shooting at the droids.

Woman 1: "Is there an echo in here?"

Echo came next to me.

Echo: "Yes?"

Woman 1: "What?"

Echo: "I'm Echo."

Woman 1: "Really?"

Echo nodded.

Woman 1: "Okay. Echo. We need a distraction. And he can help with that."

She said as she looked at the droid's head in her arms. As she began to work on the head I picked myself up from the cover so I could help Tech and Hunter shoot. No matter how many of them I got they kept on coming.  

Echo: "Wait. If you activate the clankers, they'll start shooting at us."

For a second I looked toward them before continuing shooting.

Woman 1: "No, we are controlling the droid that is controlling them."

Tech: "Excellent idea."

Woman 1: "It's not working." 

Tech: "It will, once we boost the signal." 

I hid behind the cover again so I could put my lips closer to my common device.

Me: "Wrecker? Wrecker can you hear me? Where are you? We need your help." 

Wrecker: "Oh my way." 

A sight of relief left my mouth as I heard his voice. I was so worried that something bad had happened to him.  The droids were closing in. 

Woman 2: "Brilliant plan, Trace. Really. One of your best."