Part 22: Training And New Mission

Lunar's POV 

Echo: "Hold it still." 

My eyes were focused on the target in front of me. The blaster that I was holding in my right hand was pointed at the big target. My hand was still but not completely still. I knew that I wasn't Crosshair who's hands were completely still but I was trying my best. 

Hunter: "Focus."  

Wishered his voice from behind me. The target wasn't that far away, but hitting the middle of it was something else. The training that I had with the Order was always forced upon me. But this was different. I needed to practice to protect myself. 

Pressing the trigger the red blast flew into the target right into the middle. Taking the opportunity of my good gaming I shoot more than once, hitting the middle all the time. A visitor came into the bar just then and as it was me with the blaster he quickly ran back out. 

Me: "I'm sorry!" 

I called after him. 

Echo: "Good shooting Lunar." 

He said making me look back at him with a smile. Then I turned to look at Hunter who was standing behind me. He had a smile on his face as well. He and Echo have been training me for the past hour. Wrecker was watching as Echo was busy working on something new. 

Wrecker: "Good? I thought you were amazing Lunar." 

He said making me laugh as I looked at him. 

Hunter: "Try throwing this now." 

He said as he offered me his knife. I took it then as he took his blaster back I turned back facing the target. 

Me: "So how do you do this?" 

Shooting and using a little bit of my Force was nothing new to me. But throwing a knife was something new. 

Hunter: "Keep one leg for good support, place another one back. Then use your good hand to throw the knife into the target." 

I nodded and as I looked back toward the target I prepared myself. As I threw the knife I saw it flying towards the target. but inside of hitting it it bounced off the wall and flew directly back at me. A hand pushed me out of the way just before the knife could get me. Looking back I saw that it was Hunter. 

Echo: "That was close." 

Hunter: "You okay?" 

Me: "Yeah. I guess I am not a knife-throwing." 

Hunter: "We will work on that." 

At that moment Cid came to us. Hunter's hand that was around my waist let go of me and I took a step to my right. 

Cid: "We need to talk. I assume you boys know what a tactical droid is? They were the oper-"

Tech: "The operational brains of the Separatist military-" 

Cid: "Okay, okay, okay. This is my briefing, Goggles." 

Turning towards Wrecker she pushed him off the monitor table. 

Wrecher: "Hey." 

Cid: "Tactical droid intel has tremendous value, which is why you're gonna break into this decommissioning facility on Corellia and retreat one before they're all destroyed." 

With the help of the monitor Cid first showed us the droid and then the building on planet Corellia. 

Hunter: "We haven't decided if we are going to work for you or not." 

Cid: "Allow me to decide for you. You are in! I am talking about a mutually beneficial arrangement. You make money, I make money, and watch your back." 

We all looked at each other. 

Cid: "With the heat on you, it's the best option you've got." 

Hunter's eyes looked at me before he looked back at Cid. 

Cid: "I guess we're in." 

I knew that the only reason he decided to work for Cid was because of me. We indeed needed money but this wasn't the only way. It can't be. We left Cid's bar and as we came to the ship I took a seat on my usual seat. Tech and Echo took command of the ship and soon we were flying towards the planet that we were sent on. 

Because of security reasons, Tech used another ship for cover as we got closer to the planet. 

Echo: "This old trick again?" 

Tech: "It gets us past the planetary sensors every time." 

Me: "Good thinking Tech." 

I said as I approached them. For support, I placed my hand on Tech's chair. Tech looked back at me for a moment before he looked back forward. 

Me: "So why are tactical droids more important than other droids?" 

Echo looked at me. 

Echo: "The more tactical droids fought, the more they learned...and won." 

Wrecker: "Yeah, except against us. Yeah!" 

He yelled as he laughed proudly. I never heard of a tactical droid before. 

Tech: "With clones now serving the Empire, knowing how to defeat them just wants up in value." 

Echo: "We're approaching the decommissioning site. We can land at the industrial dockyard and go in on foot." 

When we landed I approached the doors that led outside when Tech approached me. 

Tech: "Here you go Lunar." 

Looking down I saw him offering me a small blaster. I quickly looked up at him. 

Me: "For me?" 

Tech: "It was my old one. I broke it on a mission but now it's fixed." 

Me: "Thank you Tech." 

I said as I took the small blaster in my hand. He nodded but I could still see a small smile on his face. So he was working on fixing this blaster for the whole morning.  As we left the ship Hunter took the lead. He was followed by Tech, Echo myself, and Wrecker behind me. Coming inside the building we took cover behind some pipes. As the two droids passed we ran behind another cover. 

Hunter: "Cid didn't mention this place was guarded by police droids." 

Tech: "They're operating on a rotating quadrant scan. If timed correctly, there's an entry point in their blind spot. Follow me." 

With our backs down we all followed him to the building. Because we couldn't use the main entrance which was guarded by a police droid we needed to climb the ladder. A very long ladder that led to another entrance. Hunter began to climb up the stairs first.  

Wrecker: "Uh-oh." 

I looked back at him. To make him not think of the high I took hold of his big hand making him look down at me. 

Me: "You can do it Wrecker. Come on." 

When it was my turn I began to climb with Wrecker following me. Coming to the end of the stairs Echo offered me his hand to step off the stairs. Together we stepped into the building.