Part 36: Not Today

Lunar's POV 

Waking up the next morning I found Lola still in my arms. After talking with Hunter I went to bed and because I could not fall asleep I took her in my arms. After that, I do not remember anything else so I guess I fell asleep. 

Placing her aside, I took a fresh pair of pants and a shirt. Climbing down the stairs that lead out of my room I looked back to see Tech behind the monitor. He was busy typing on the monitor. Feeling that we were still I guess that we were back at Cid's so I guess Wrecker, Echo, and Hunter were there already. 

I stepped to the back doors that were next to the bunk beds and as I opened the doors I stepped in the small bathroom. Even taught it was small it had everything that we needed. Sink, mirror, toiled, and shower. Shower that I needed. Removing my clothes I stepped under it and soon hot water began to roll down my body. 

When I was done I brushed my body with a prepared towel and then I got dressed.  Even though I was on the ship with the soldiers all of them took care of their hygiene. Well, Wrecker a little less but I didn't mind it. With a black shirt and brown parents with my boots on I stepped out of the bathroom, with my hair still a bit wet. Placing my dirty clothes in a bag together with a towel I placed the bag aside. Each time I had my clothes to wash I was going to take them to a woman that I met a few weeks ago. Because Wrecker helped her carry her heavy bags from the marker she offered us to clean our clothes in return. 

Echo: "Good morning Lunar." 

Turning around I saw him approaching me. 

Me: "Good morning Echo." 

Echo: "How are you feeling?" 

He asked as he stopped himself in front of me. 

Me: "Okay." 

Echo: "That's good." 

Tech: "What's good?" 

He asked as he approached us. 

Echo: "I asked Lunar how she was feeling." 

Tech: "Oh that." 

Me: "What are you doing Tech?" 

Tech: "I fix an old comm device for you. Here you go." 

He offered it to me. 

Me: "Thank you Tech." 

I said as I took it and immediately placed it on my arm. 

Me: "Thank you Tech." 

Echo: "And here is your blaster." 

My eyes widened in shock as I saw my blaster. 

Me: "My blaster! I was sure I lost it when Bane captured me." 

Echo: "We found it as we found Hunter." 

Me: "Thank you Echo." 

I said as I took hold of the blaster that he was offering to me. I placed it behind my belt and at that moment Wrecker came inside the ship together with Hunter behind him. 

Wrecker: "Lunar! You are finally up!" 

Me: "Wrecker. Hunter." 

As I looked at Hunter he gave me a small smile which I returned. I could feel something inside of me. Like....happiness. I never felt a happiness like this before. 

Wrecker: "Come on Lunar. We are going for some popcorn!" 

Me: "For breakfast?" 

Wrecker: "Yeah! Hunter allows it."