23

Aonung's pov:

⚠️Warning for explicit scenes containing blood, mutilation and mention of rape.⚠️

I hated admitting when I was wrong, but I stubbornly waited near the palm tree as I saw Teungyi ans Yrritsyo walk out of the forest together. Broad smiles upon their faces, clearly having done some dirty things in those woods.
"You've.." Yrritsyo said as he plucked a leaf from her hair, "you had a leaf in your hair, love."
"Really? A leaf in my hair.. in the forest? You don't say," Teungyi chuckled being her usual sarcastic self her smile however dropping when her eyes landed on me. Teungyi and I weren't always best friends, I used to bully her for which I apologised months ago, when we began to become friends but clearly she hated me again if not more.
"Teungyi, Yrritsyo," I greeted them as the couple glared at me, which was understandable, "would you mind if I borrowed Yrritsyo from you?"
"That depends, are you planning on making an 'X' mark on his face? You know, to finish the scar? X marks the spot?" Teungy said as she defensively stepped infront of her boyfriend. I was no fool, anymore at least, Teungyi might've always been slender but she worked harder than any other in the village and because of her determination she became a great warrior.
"I promise," I said but Teungyi quirked a brow, "I'll give you all the weapons I have on me to prove it to you if you'd like."
"I would actually," Teungyi said as she extended her hands, "give me your weapons and return him to me unharmed or else I'll show you what I am capeable of."
I took a deep breath as I stripped myself off weapons and handed them over to Teungyi, who looked over at her boyfriend, her boyfriend that was even taller than me and I certainly wasn't short for my age.. like my sister was.
"I'll be allright, love," Yrritsyo said reassuring his girlfriend, "why don't you go to Tsireya or Miyara? I'll catch up later."
"I'll go to Kiri," Teungyi said still staring at me, "Miyara and Tsireya are with their Sully boys."
My heart dropped when she purposely let me know that Miyara was with Neteyam, but I wanted to prove to Miyara that I was a different person, I prayed to Eywa that she would return to me but I would also understand if she'd fall in love with Neteyam.. after all, he never mutilated her friend, he never called her a slut infront of her friends, he never used to bully her friends... Neteyam was perfect, just as Miyara was.. but I.. I was not so perfect, I was the troubled child, I always made mistakes..
"She told me," I said and Teungyi lifted a brow, like she was surprised that Miyara would, "I'm aware of her affection towards Neteyam."
"She never told Tsireya, out of respect for you and your family... so I suggest you don't tell your sister either until she's ready to tell her herself," Teungyi said, "but now that you know, should I warn Neteyam for jealous ex-boyfriends that might want to cut his face open?"
"No harm will come to him from my hands," I said, "I told Miyara to figure out what it was that she felt for him."
"I think their love is pure," Teungyi said clearly wanting to strike a nerve, trying to get under my skin, trying to get me to explode, but I didn't want to rely on anger anymore, "I think yours is forced."
"We'll see," I said softly watching Teungyi eye me suspeciously, "I'd like to talk to your boyfriend now, if you'd let me."
"Fine," Teungyi scoffed before turning to her boyfriend, "if I'm not with Kiri, I'll be at our spot.. Kiri's been spending an awful lot of time with Rotxo."
"I'll find you," Yrritsyo said as he leaned in to kiss Teungyi who side eyed me before leaving us.
Yrritsyo took a deep breath, placing his hands upon his waist as he looked down at me.
"What do you want, Aonung?" Yrritsyo asked.
"I know I don't deserve it," I sighed, "but I came to ask for your forgiveness."
"You're right, you don't deserve it," Yrritsyo said and my ears lowered, "just because you ask me for forgiveness doesn't mean that I can just give it to you.. In case you didn't notice I was terrified of you and your little friends after you went out of your way to hurt me, all because I asked Miyara to be my girlfriend.. I didn't leave to make it look like an accident, I left after you carved me open because I was frightened.. what you did was unforgiveable."
"I know, I wish it never happened," I said in monotone, feeling numb.
"But you did," Yrritsyo said, "you gave the order."