11

Miyara's pov:

We all sat in a circle on the ground as Lo'ak was telling us about his adventure beyond the reef, Lo'ak, Neteyam, Tsireya and Kiri had forgiven Aonung for what he had done but I was still angry with him and even Rotxo was, but that was more because he had called Kiri a freak knowing that Rotxo had a crush on her. Teungyi was still angry with him as well, even if she had the chance to punch him, but she wasn't with us today.
Aonung, not catching onto me being mad or perhaps ignoring the fact I was mad, decided to lean against the palm tree besides me after I had purposelly chosen not to sit next to him.
"I wish I had been there," Kiri said, "the sea has blessed you with a gift brother."
"The tulkuns have not returned yet," Aonung started, "and no Tulkun is ever alone."
"This one was," Lo'ak said as he turned to Tsireya, "he had a missing fin on the left side, it was a stump." I straightened my back and crossed my arms in response and Tsireya's eyes widened as she looked at me, I already knew what she was thinking about. Payakan.
"Don't be scared," Aonung whispered to me when he noticed the change in my behaviour as he layed his hand on my shoulder for comfort, softly squeezing my shoulder.
"Do I look fucking scared to you?" I hissed at him under my breath, slapping his hand harshly away. I saw Neteyam trying not to laugh from the corner of my eye, having heard what went on between me and Aonung.
"Payakan," Tsireya said and looked at Rotxo, "it's Payakan."
"Who's Payakan?" Kiri asked Rotxo as he cleared his throat to speak.
"He's outcast," Rotxo explained, "and he has a missing fin."
"He's a killer," Aonung added as he leaned forward to Lo'ak in a more serious manner, "he's killed Na'vi and other tulkun. Not here, but far down South."
"You're lucky you're alive," Tsireya said, holding onto Lo'ak's hand.
"He saved my life," Lo'ak said, causing me to frown, "he's my friend."
"My baby brother," Neteyam said as he stood behind Lo'ak and placed his hands on his shoulder, "the mighty warrior who fought a killer Tulkun and lived!"
"You're not listening," Lo'ak said, "he saved my life!"
"We are listening," Tsireya said as Lo'ak walked away, "Lo'ak, come back."
But it was too late, Lo'ak had left and I took this as my oppertunity to sneak out as well since everyone was fixated on Lo'ak leaving.
"Can we talk?" Aonung asked me as I walked away, drawing the attention of the others to me leaving.
"Nope!" I shouted back not even looking over my shoulder.
"Where are you going?" Rotxo asked me.
"Somewhere Aonung isn't!" I called as I heard Aonung grunt annoyed.
"Wait for me!" Rotxo called as I heard him run after me, I could imagine the look on Aonung's face but I was still too stubborn to look back. Rotxo caught up to me and we left to spend the rest of the day together.

***

"Sorry I couldn't make it last night," Neteyam whispered to me from his Ilu as we were making our way to the spirit tree.
"I understand why you couldn't," I chuckled and he smiled at me, "we'll just do it another time, don't worry about it."
"This is our most sacred place," Tsireya explained, "eclipse is the best time to be here."
"There it is!" I pointed out as the sky above us darkened and the spirit tree revealed itself.
We dove under water, swimming to the spirit tree. Tsireya helped Tuk, Rotxo helped Kiri which meant that I helped Neteyam, which I didn't mind at all.
Connect your queue to the tree, I signed to him, I'll keep an eye on you.
He nodded and did as I told him, I watched his pupils dilate as he connected his queue to the tree. Everything was going fine until Kiri began to seize, Tsireya handled quickly and slapped her queue away from the tree as I did so to Neteyam and so he got his sister out if the water as he breathed the life back into her.
"Go! I'll take Tuk!" I shouted as Neteyam simply nodded and took off with Kiri in his arms.

***
"Miya," a soothing voice called my name, "Miya?"
I opened my eyes, feeling disorientated for a while, I had fallen asleep but this was not my bed or even my pod. I frowned and saw I had fallen asleep on Neteyam's shoulder, I shot up feeling embarresed.
"I'm so sorry," I said and he chuckled.
"It's fine, it looked like you needed to rest," he said. Slowly I remembered why I was sitting outside of the Sully's pod.
"How's Kiri?" I asked looking back to catch a quick glimpse of the girl inside her pod.
"She's breathing, but she hasn't woken up," Neteyam said, "my dad's friends, the scientists, are checking her now."
I nodded as I saw Ronal walking towards the pod, followed by Tsireya who held all of her supplies in her arms and offered them to her mother.
"I see I am not needed here," Ronal said when she saw what the scientists were doing.
"You are Tsahik!" Neytiri scowled at Ronal.
"Remove these things!" Ronal exclaimed.
"Out! You have done nothing!" Neytiri shouted so loudly even I got frightened. The scientists quickly packed everything up and ran outside to talk to Jake, as Ronal sat down to help Kiri.
I noticed how anxious Neteyam was for his sister's wellbeing as he continued to tap his foot, I sighed and took his hand into mine, hoping to calm him down. His eyes widened as he looked at his hand in mine before looking at me.
"She'll be okay," I said softly even I was worried too, "Ronal knows what she's doing."
"I hope so," Neteyam said nervously as he softly squeezed my hand for comfort. We quietly waited outside the pod until Kiri awakened, when she did she began to cry. Neteyam quickly let go of my hand and ran inside to hug his sister. I was glad Kiri was allright, but I knew she wanted a moment with her family and so I had decided to leave them. I took a quick glance at Neteyam and subconciously smiled at how caring he was for his siblings.