54

Aonung's pov:
Two months earlier
(Because my dumb ass forgot that I had announced the return of the Tulkun)

'Will we go to your spirit sister first or my spirit brother?' I signed to Miyara as we got off my skimwing in the water, the entire village feeling happy about the return of the Tulkun.
'You go to your spirit brother and I'll come later, I'm taking your mother to my spirit sister, I didn't want to leave her all alone,' Miyara signed back and I smirked.
'Are you sure? Your spirit sister might expose your former lover to your mother-in-law,' I signed and she rolled her eyes knowing that I meant Neteyam.
'Your mother already knows,' Miyara simply signed back and my eyes widened in shock.
'She does?' I signed confused.
'Your mother and I are very close, we gossip about everything,' Miyara signed and smiled, 'don't worry I'll catch up.'
I nodded as I watched her swim over to my mother who was very anxious about today now that Roa wasn't here anymore, I was glad that Miyara got along with my mother so well, but I was afraid of what the two might be gossiping about together.
I swam over to Anraí, my spirit brother, on my way over to him I noticed Seyza announcing her pregnancy to her spirit sister as Neteyam was by her side, her spirit sister was very confused since a year ago Seyza and Neteyam just met. Rotxo was proudly parading Kiri around as his girlfriend to his spirit brother as Tuk hung onto the Tulkun's fin, I saw Zuaia talking to Avaroa's spirit sister, which made me stop swimming forward as I could feel my heart break for the little girl.
'Do you know where my mommy went?' Zuaia signed to the tulkun.
'Your mommy found peace with Eywa, she would be proud of you,' Avaroa's spirit sister talked back.
'Why did Eywa have to take her from me?' Zuaia signed, 'I miss her.'
'I know, I miss her too, but she's in a better place now,' the Tulkun told Zuaia. I noticed Mo'iki watching Zuaia from afar with his spirit brother as now nearly two year old Re'ylä was learning to swim, I could tell by the look on Mo'iki's face that this was killing him.
'I'm afraid,' Zuaia signed, 'my auntie Miya has a baby in her belly too.. what if I lose my auntie?'
I froze right there in my spot, nearly allowing myself to float back to the surface since I stopped swimming, the thought of Miyara dying in childbirth hadn't even crossed my mind.. but Avaroa already had a difficult pregancy and Miyara does not, so she would be okay right? I didn't want Miyara to die, I needed her.
I scanned around for Miyara, suddenly feeling the need to see her. She was happily talking to her spirit sister with my mother by her side who was struggling but thanks to Miyara she would make it through today.
Miyara was proudly talking about how she found her way back to me, how deeply in love she still is with me and how our baby was strong and loved to kick her blatter, how happy she was to become a mother and start this journey together with me. She was talking proudly about me which was soothing as I now felt calm enough to find my own spirit brother.
'Did things work out with you and your girl?' Anraí asked me, remembering how I was insecure about my relationship with Miyara the last time I spoke him and I rolled my eyes at him.
'We mated and she is now carrying my child,' I signed to him with a smile upon my face.
'So why is she not here? Are you lying?' Anraí asked me.
'She'll be here, she's talking to her spirit sister with my mother,' I signed to him, 'how've you been?'
'What's there to say? I've been swimming and now I'm here after another year,' Anraí said, 'where's your girl?'
'She's my mate and she'll be here, don't be so impatient,' I said and I rolled my eyes when I saw something come towards us. I smiled as soon as I saw Miyara swim over to me and Anraí, she kissed me on my cheek, placing her hand on my shoulder for support as she turned to Anraí.
'Don't worry, I'm very much real,' Miyara signed to Anraí, making me frown whilst Anraí enjoyed her joke.
'Good, I was already worried, I've been hearing stories about you since we bonded,' Anraí told her.
'Bro,' I signed offended but Anraí simply ignored me as he suddenly started an entire conversation with my mate.
'How's your baby?' Anraí asked her and she smiled.
'Our baby is strong, and the baby loves to kick around, I see the baby's feet popping up all day long,' Miyara signed.
'The baby will be annoying I see, like his father,' Anraí told Miyara as they both looked at me.
'I hope the baby takes after him, I want my baby to look like his pretty daddy,' Miyara signed and I smirked.
'You could call me that again in the bedroom if you'd like,' I signed as her eyes widened.
'Can you not do that right now?' Miyara signed to me as she began to blush.
'You should've talked to me before you mated with him, I would've warned you about his infinite dirty jokes,' Anraí told her and she simply rolled her eyes.
I smiled at the sight of her irritated glare as I quickly pecked a few kisses on her cheek.
'Get a room,' Anraí said as he squinted his eyes shut for a brief moment.
'Will do,' I signed as both Miyara and Anraí rolled their eyes at yet another one of my famous dirty jokes.