Chapter Two

"So, where are we going?" Serena asked Jefferson as they walked through Wonderland. He had told her it was Wonderland but she didn't think twice about it. Apparently, she didn't know the status of her mother in Wonderland.

He stopped walking and turned to her. "You'll see." Was all he said before turning back around and continuing down the road. She marveled at the area around her, the giant blades of grass that surrounded them getting taller the further away they got from the looking glass.

They had passed a blue caterpillar on their way, although Jefferson wasn't too pleased when he took a sudden interest in Serena.

"Who are you?" The caterpillar asked as Jefferson and Serena walked out of the portal. Jefferson urged her behind him, hoping not to have any issues. "I've never seen your pretty face before." He gestured to Serena.

"Don't take the bait, he's a con-artist." Jefferson turned his head to look at Serena. "He'll do anything to take your money and anything else you might have." Serena placed a hand over her necklace, knowing its value.

"How rude, Hatter." The caterpillar responded before turning his attention back to her. "Welcome to Wonderland, my dear. If he abandons you, let me know." Jefferson wrapped an arm protectively around her and started walking away.

The skies were light blue, a color she had never seen in The Enchanted Forest. The fluffy white clouds started to fade as they went to a darker part of Wonderland. A dark feeling crept up on Serena the longer she walked, sending shivers up her spine.

She kept close to Jefferson as he was the only thing slightly familiar. He felt her behind him, smirking to himself as he turned down a different path.

"Are we almost there?" She asked. He rolled his eyes and kept walking, ignoring her question. "And what are we doing exactly? You didn't tell me what you needed my help with." He groaned and stopped, turning around to face her.

"I'm starting to regret my decision to bring you along." He sighed. "If I hear one more question, I'm going to leave you here." He was about to turn around to start walking again when her voice stopped him.

"Fine."

"Fine?"

"Fine."

He chuckled dryly and turned around, seeing her with her arms crossed over her chest. "Listen here, princess. You wouldn't survive two days in Wonderland by yourself. If you want to come out of this alive, I suggest you come with me. Then, you can go back to your life as a princess and never worry about anything ever again."

"I can take care of myself."

"I'm sure your servants would disagree." He started to turn back to the road before he realized she wasn't going to follow him. "This woman's going to be the death of me." He muttered with a sigh. "If you want to prove you can take care of yourself, here." He gestured to the road in front of him.

She let out a soft humph and walked towards him, passing him and continuing down the road. He watched as she walked away, shaking his head. A moment later, he followed after her with a quiet laugh.

"So, do you know where we're going?"

"No, but I'll figure it out." She answered, barely glancing at him. "Did you know where we're going?" He smiled and nodded as he stopped in front of her.

"Of course. In fact, it's right here." He said, moving branches out of the way to reveal a clearing. "The Cheshire Cat is very helpful." She scoffed and rolled her eyes, walking into the clearing. "Just be careful, I don't know what kind of traps this place might have."