Chapter Thirty-One

Regina sat at her vanity, staring into the reflection of her mirror as The Huntsman walked into the room. "What have I told you about coming in without knocking?"

"Forgive me, your majesty, but Serena has returned from her trip." He told her as she turned in her chair to look at him. "She's in your study room." Regina nodded and stood, walking past him out of the room.

Serena stood in the middle of Regina's study room, waiting for The Huntsman to return with Regina. Jefferson said he had to go to another realm for business, but Serena knew he was only doing it to avoid Regina.

She didn't say anything, but she wished the two would get along. She loved both of them so much, she didn't want anything bad between them. She knew it wasn't going to happen, especially since Regina hated the thought of him being anywhere near Serena.

Regina walked into the room, a smile on her face. "How was your trip?" She sat down in a chair and motioned Serena to sit down next to her.

"Good. Although, I did get a little homesick." Serena answered, sitting down next to her. "Jefferson had work in another realm, so he made sure I got here safe then left."

"How sad." Regina feigned sympathy as a servant brought two cups of tea. "What a tragedy that he couldn't be here."

"Be nice, Regina." Serena scolded, earning a laugh from her sister. "I'm serious. I want you to get along. You two are the people I love most, I don't want you two fighting every time you see each other."

"And we won't." Regina defended. "As long as he doesn't say anything to upset me."

"Anything he says upsets you."

"Exactly." Regina smiled, sipping her tea. "I honestly don't understand why you would choose someone like him. He's no-good. He's coarse and unrefined."

"He's more of a gentleman than most people." Serena grumbled with the tea cup to her lips. "The important thing is that he loves me, and I love him."

"Why don't we talk about something else?" Regina suggested, setting down her tea. "Where did you go?"

"The Land Without Color. It's an amazing place." Serena beamed, a smile spreading across her face. Regina couldn't help but smile at her sister's excitement, even though she wished that didn't mean traveling to worlds she barely knew. "You should've seen it. We stayed with Victor. He's a good friend of Jefferson's, and he's an amazing doctor."

"Doctor?" Regina asked, trying to keep the smile on her face. As much as she hated Jefferson, she hated Victor even more. He supposedly was able to bring back the dead, only to prove he was nothing but a liar. He said he was able to bring back Daniel, her true love, but he failed.

"Yes, he's incredible." Serena took a sip of her tea. "He helped both Jefferson and I a lot during the time we were there." She never knew what happened when Regina tried to bring back Daniel, nor did she know that the man who got her pregnant ruined her sister's life.

"That's wonderful, Serena." She faked a smile, but her anger grew inside her. "Well, you must be exhausted. Why don't you go rest? I'll send a servant to bring you food when you're ready." Serena nodded and stood, giving her sister a soft smile before leaving the room.

Regina let out a sigh as soon as Serena left, turning away from the door. A million thoughts raced through her head and she couldn't sort through them all. They were starting to mix with the others, creating a mess of thoughts and fears. She wouldn't lose her sister. She couldn't.

-Storybrooke-