Chapter Twenty-Five

"Regina?" Serena knocked on her sister's door, ignoring the guards that were standing outside the room. She knew Regina was in there, she hadn't left her room since Jefferson showed up. The door opened and she walked in, over to where Regina was sitting at her vanity.

"What do you need, Serena?" Regina didn't look away from the mirror as she spoke. Serena walked forward, stopping behind Regina's chair. Her blood boiled at the sight, Serena's pregnancy more prominent with her belly growing a bit bigger.

"I know you're mad." Serena sighed, placing a hand on Regina's shoulder. "The vein in your forehead is popping out."

"I'm not mad."

"Alright, then I have a question." Serena tried not to roll her eyes, knowing that was a lie. Regina turned to her, a questioning look on her face. "Am I gaining any baby weight? Jefferson and The Huntsman said I looked okay, but I'm still not sure."

Regina laughed, breaking her cold demeanor. "Are you serious? That's the question you wanted to ask me?"

"Yes. You're my sister and I know you're going to tell the truth." Serena said as Regina rolled her eyes, using her magic to summon a chair. Serena sat down with a huff, cupping her belly in her hands. "I'm getting bigger."

"You're sitting in a chair. Besides, you're slouching, it makes you look bigger than you are." Regina told her as she sat up straighter. "You look fine. It's normal for you to get bigger, you have a child growing inside you."

"I know." Serena's hand still rested on her bump. "And I'm excited for that part. I can't wait to have a baby. You'll get to be an aunt. I'm probably gonna come to you when I need help. You're going to be an amazing aunt."

"I'm not sure about that."

"Regina, you've always been amazing with kids. You took care of me and gave me a mother figure while mother hated my existence." Serena leaned forward, taking her sister's hand. "You'll be great with your niece or nephew. You have to believe in yourself."

"Thank you." Regina smiled as Serena gently squeezed her hand. "Now, go. I'm sure Jefferson's waiting for you." Serena nodded and stood up, staying next to her sister.

"We won't be gone long. We're just going to visit a friend." She said, "We'll be back soon." Regina nodded and she left, going to her room. Regina sighed, turning back to the mirror, where The Genie had appeared.

"You handled that well."

"Only for my sister. I won't stop until the hatter is out of her life."

"And how do you plan to do that?"

"I have a few ideas." Regina looked away in thought. "I can't kill him. Serena would get suspicious if he mysteriously dies. And she would never forgive me if she found out."

"So what are you going to do?" The mirror asked.

"We have to give it time." Regina responded, looking at him. "Find a way to get rid of him without killing him. And when that happens, Serena will come home so I can protect her."

"What about the child?"

"I can get rid of it, so I'll have to protect it as well."

"If I may, why do you want her to stay away from the hatter?"

"Because I've seen who he truly is." She answered with a sigh. "And I won't let her be with that type of person."

-Storybrooke-

"Can you explain why we're out for a walk at seven fifteen in the morning?" Sam asked as she followed Mary-Margaret through the woods. "It wouldn't happen to be because David gets coffee for himself and Kathryn at this time, would it?"