Chapter Thirty-Two

Jefferson slipped through the streets of Agrabah, a rush of excitement flowing through him. He wanted to find a certain ring for Serena. The ring he planned on proposing to her with. As soon as he got to the stand, he immediately caught the attention of the shop-keeper.

"Ah, my favorite thief." She said with a smile.

"My favorite jeweler."

"You do know I have a name, right?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest. Jefferson paused, giving her an awkward smile. "It's Inaya. Now, what do you need?"

"I actually need your help."

"With what?"

"Helping me pick a ring to propose to someone with." A smile spread across her face at his words. "It's the girl I was supposed to take home. I want to marry her."

"I thought you said you were just taking her home." Inaya smirked, crossing her arms over her chest. "That you were never going to see her again."

"I changed my mind." He gave her a soft smile, earning a laugh from the shopkeeper.

"It's nice that someone was able to change your morals." She joked, pulling out a box of rings. Each and every one of them were adorned with stunning jewels of every size and color, from the rarest ruby to the simplest sapphire. "I have some rings for you to choose from. I think these will do."

Jefferson looked over the rings, none catching his interest. He wanted the ring to be perfect. It was the start of something amazing. He wanted it to be special. His gaze kept coming back to a ring on the far end of the display, a silver band with a blue diamond in the middle.

Inaya noticed his interest in the ring, and picked it up to show him. "I think this one will be the best fit." He smiled and pulled out a leather pouch, already grabbing coins. "This ring is as special as the girl you're giving it to. Not everyone can change a thief in that short amount of time."

"She's the most special girl in the world." He smiled, trading the money for the ring. He looked it over, seeing the smile Serena would have when he proposed. He had spent some time thinking about the future with her. And even though it was a bit scary, he knew they both would always have a hand to hold when things got tough.

"Go." Inaya urged with a smile. "Go get your happy ending." He nodded and ran off, getting back to the portal as quickly as possible. When he got there, he paused and stared into the looking glass, knowing that going through the portal would be the start of a new life with Serena. A better life.

-Storybrooke-

"Sam, could you help sell candles for the nuns." Mary-Margaret asked, walking down the street, trying to keep in tow with Sam.

"Nuns?"

"Yeah, they asked if I could help get volunteers for Miners Day." She nodded with a smile. Sam gave her a confused look, pausing just in front of the door to Granny's.

"They asked you?" Sam questioned, getting a nod from Mary-Margaret. "Even after... everything?"

"They didn't have much of a choice." She sighed, holding her clipboard to her chest. "I'm usually the only one who volunteers."

"I didn't even know anyone celebrated Miners Day anymore."

"Well, not many people do." She shrugged, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "But it's an important day to Storybrooke, and I try to incorporate it as much as I can."

"Alright, I'll help you." Sam told her with a sigh. "I don't know how it's actually going to help, since both of our reputations aren't the greatest at the moment."