Chapter Fifteen

(Same warning as before. Plus smut)

A few days later, the pendant worked and Serena hadn't woken up with burns on her arms. She still went to the Netherworld, but it was more manageable. She also still stayed in Jefferson's room, scared that something would happen if he wasn't there.

"You ready to go?" Jefferson asked her as she packed up the last of their things. She nodded, smiling over at him as she grabbed her bag.

"Yeah, it was nice of Victor to let us stay here."

"He owes me, so it wasn't much of a problem." Jefferson shrugged, hiding the smile as he saw Serena wearing the sapphire necklace. "Do you like your necklace?" She giggled as she held up the blue jewel, smiling at it.

"I do." She turned to him, seeing his lips twitch upward in a smile. A blush creeped up on his face as she moved towards him, stopping right in front of him. "Wow, Hatter! Are you blushing?"

"What? No, no, no." He shook his head, his face getting even more red. She smirked and kissed his cheek before walking back over to their bed, grabbing her bag. "Let's go." She laughed and walked out the door, meeting Victor at the bottom of the stairs.

"Thank you, Victor. For everything." Sam smiled as she gave Victor a hug.

"Anytime. You're always welcome. Jefferson? Not so much." He joked, making her laugh. Jefferson playfully rolled his eyes as she turned to him, causing her to laugh even harder. She then moved to Igor, letting Jefferson and Victor say their goodbyes.

"Thanks, Victor."

"Like I said, anytime." Making sure Serena wasn't listening, he leaned closer to Jefferson. "Please, tell her how you feel. I'm sure she feels the same way."

"It doesn't matter." Jefferson told him, shaking his head. He then turned to Serena, who was still talking to Igor. She turned around, realizing that Jefferson was watching her. She smiled and turned back to Igor, whispering something to him before walking over to Jefferson.

"Are you ready to leave?"

"Yeah." He nodded as he turned to leave. Igor opened the door for them, getting a "thank you" from Serena. "Come on, princess. Let's get you home." Jefferson threw down his hat, watching it spin and form a purple vortex.

The two jumped in, waving goodbye to Victor and Igor one last time. Of course, jumping in the portal, Serena landed on Jefferson. At that point, he was expecting it. He made sure that she would land where he wasn't going to get hurt.

"I'm sorry." She apologized as she sat up. Still, she landed on top of him, her face right next to his. She moved away from him, once again, admiring each door.

"It's fine." He said, pushing himself off the ground. He helped her up as she stared at each door in awe. "It's a shame that you won't get to see the other realms. You would love every one of them."

"Why don't we?"

"Why don't we do what?"

"Go see them. Before we leave." She suggested, hoping he would agree. "I rarely get out of the castle, and I want to see new things. Then, you can take me back and never see me again."

"I mean, I guess we could." He turned to her with a smile. "Why don't you pick one?" A smile graced her face as she ran over to the portals, carefully looking through each one. She recognized one as the portal to Wonderland; she did not want to go back there.

Then, she stopped at a door with a green curtain covering it. She turned to Jefferson, watching his smile grow at her excitement.

"Here we go, princess."