Chapter Seventy-One

"What do you think?" Scarlett looked over at Jefferson as they walked through Oz.

"It's certainly..... He sighed as he trailed off his sentence, looking around the wooded area. This land was much different than the Enchanted Forest. There were confusing scarecrows, munchkins, and even a lion filled with anxiety. "Something."

She laughed at his reaction. "Just wait till you see the other realms. You think flying monkeys are bad? Just wait till you see Wonderland."

"I'm guessing it's not as good as it sounds."

"That would be an understatement." She smiled and started walking again. "Come on, there's a whole bunch of stuff you can steal at the Emerald City." He nodded and started following her, staying a few steps behind her to make sure nothing was following them.

Once they reached the Emerald City, they walked through the marketplace, swiping whatever they could. Fortunately, the munchkins were far too welcoming for their own good and didn't notice Jefferson and Scarlett stealing jewels, small objects, and whatever else they could fit in their pockets.

Jefferson "accidently" bumped into another person at the market, apologizing profusely as he stuck his hand in the person's pocket, swiping whatever he could. Scarlett watched him, keeping a straight face as she waited for his act to be over. Once he was done, the two started walking again as he felt the coins in his pocket, silently counting them.

"I've seen you bump into at least ten people while you were taking things. You need to change it up a bit." Scarlett said, swiping an emerald necklace off a display and sticking it in her pocket. "People are going to get suspicious if you keep bumping into them like that."

"Then what do you suggest?"

"You're quick with your hands. Figure it out." She smiled, holding up the jewel he had stolen that she grabbed from his pocket while he was talking. He looked at her in disbelief as she chuckled, tossing it back to him. "Let's get out of here. I think we've taken everything we can."

He grumbled a bit about how she stole the jewel from him, sticking it in his pocket as they walked. "Where do we go now?"

"Anywhere we want." She smiled at him. "I know another realm called Camelot. More jewels than you can imagine. We can steal whatever we want."

"Sounds perfect." A grin spread across his face as he spoke, holding up a necklace he took from her pocket. "Also you might want to keep an eye on your pockets."

"Well played...." She took the necklace back as they passed munchkins, walking back towards the exit. Once they had left the Emerald City, Scarlett tossed the hat onto the ground, watching the portal form again. The wind picked up as the portal opened, sucking in air, leaves, and sticks. "Are you ready to go?" She asked, raising her voice so Jefferson could hear her over the wind. He nodded and the two jumped into the portal together.

-Storybrooke-

"Jefferson! Open the damn door!" Serena banged on the door to Jefferson's house, which is exactly what she had been doing for much longer than she would care to admit. "Come on, I just got my memories back and this is how you want the reunion to go? Open the door!"

After a few moments, the door opened and Jefferson stepped out. He was clearly upset, it was written all over his face. He was still dealing with all the guilt and pain from everything that happened. He had lost everything and David made him feel even worse for something he couldn't even control.