Chapter Forty-Three

When Jefferson and Regina entered the room of doors, he knew it was far too late to go back. He was very quickly realizing the points Serena had made were probably right. He was going to give Regina the benefit of the doubt, hoping she wouldn't do anything to him for the sake of his family.

"I forgot how magnificent you are." Regina let out a breathy laugh as her eyes scanned the large room. It was bigger than she imagined, the walls covered in velvet curtain with a door to every realm imaginable.

"I'm not here to relive the past, I'm here for my family." He told her with a sigh as he searched for the door to Wonderland. His breath caught in his throat when he finally found it. He hadn't been there since he first met Serena, deciding it was too dangerous for either of them. "Here. This is the entrance. It's important that we stick together. Same amount of people who go through have to come back. No more, no less. It's the hat's rule, not mine."

Regina's gloved fingers grazed the door frame, taking in the door that resembled a looking glass. "I understand." He reluctantly reached a hand forward, sticking it through the glass before stepping in completely.

She paused for a moment before following him through the door, stepping out to find a strange realm. Blades of grass that were the size of people cast shadows over a stone pathway and giant mushrooms rested on the winding road as the sound of birds chirped in the background.

There were no birds.

"Let's go." Jefferson hesitantly walked forward, keeping his eyes on the path to ignore anything else. She followed him, her eyes landing on a giant caterpillar that was sitting on a mushroom. Jefferson knew him well, the memory of him meeting Serena creeping into his mind.

Regina let out a quiet gasp as the caterpillar turned to them, blowing his obnoxious smoke in their face. He immediately saw Jefferson and gave a small smile.

"Who's the lovely lady?"

"No one."

"What happened to the pretty girl?" He asked Jefferson, tilting his head. "The one you brought so long ago." He drew out the word 'so', making Jefferson roll his eyes.

"She's nowhere near you. That's all that matters." Jefferson growled as Regina realized who they were talking about. She glared at Jefferson, mad that he had thought it was a good idea to ever bring Serena to Wonderland. The caterpillar frowned and turned away. "I hate Wonderland." He took Regina's arm and pulled her away from the caterpillar, getting as far away as possible.

"You brought Serena here?" Regina questioned once they were far enough. He sighed and stopped to turn to her, a deep scowl on his face.

"It was a long time ago." He told her, but she only became more angry. "It was when we first met. I had a deal with Rumpelstiltskin. She was going to help me retrieve something, but we failed. End. Of. Story." He started walking away again, leaving her rolling her eyes before she followed him.

He didn't know if it was a family thing or not, but both of the sisters knew how to push his buttons. Serena did it lovingly, but Regina was trying to get him to snap. He wasn't going to give her the satisfaction.

-Storybrooke-

Emma stared at the supplies, having no clue how to actually make a hat. She was only going to listen to him so she could make an escape plan. It would be easier for her if she knew where Sam was. She already knew where Mary-Margaret was, so that wasn't a problem. Sam was another issue.

Jefferson walked over to her and set down a piece of fabric before gesturing to the hat that was sitting on the table. "Make one like that."

"You want me to make a hat? You don't have enough?" She asked, raising her eyebrows as she stared at the hat.