Chapter Fifty

Serena tried to tell Regina what had happened. How Snow told Cora about Daniel. But every time Serena went near her, she was rushed off for a fitting or something else she had to get done.

The day Serena had found out about her and Daniel, she told Serena that she planned to run away with him. Serena knew Cora would do anything to stop that from happening.

Serena sat in her room, getting ready to have a moment alone with Regina so she could tell her about what happened with Snow. She was sitting at her desk, staring into the mirror when her door was opened and Cora walked in.

"What do you need, mother?" Serena asked as the door closed behind Cora. "It's a bit late, isn't it?"

"Exactly what I was thinking." She answered, walking towards the girl. "Where is Regina?" Serena turned in her chair, getting a better view of the angry expression on Cora's face.

"I have no idea."

"Don't lie to me." Core held up her hand, using magic to wrap around Serena's throat. "Where is she?"

"I don't- I don't know." Serena held her throat, hoping she could even get a bit of air. "She didn't tell me." Cora held it for a moment longer before letting her breathe again. She gasped, almost dropping to the floor as the air filled her lungs.

"She's going to meet the stable boy, isn't she?" Cora questioned and Serena nodded, staring at the ground in front of her. "That's all I asked for. See what happens when you listen to me?"

"Abuse?" She mumbled, barely loud enough for Cora to hear.

"Think of it how you like, I'm doing this for you." Was all she said as she walked out of Serena's room, closing the door behind her. The familiar sound of the lock clicking in place made Serena sigh, knowing it would be a while before she could get out.

Serena walked through the gardens of the palace, taking in the little freedom she had. Regina had been extra busy with trying to kill Snow White, so her attention had been taken away from Serena.

Serena knew why Regina had been so focused on Snow recently. It was getting close to the day Daniel had died. She was always more irritable near the time Daniel died. Grace had no idea what happened to Regina's lost love, but Serena still made sure Grace knew to be careful around her.

She stopped once she saw a man walking with Regina and the Huntsman. Once he noticed that she saw him, he smirked and kept his eyes on her as they walked. Regina saw him turn his attention to Serena, turning to walk over to her.

"Serena, there's someone I'd like you to meet." She announced, getting a sigh out of Serena. She recognized the man as someone Jefferson used to deal with when he was a thief. "This is Captain Hook. Hook, this is my sister, Serena."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, love." He said, clearly flirting. Neither woman enjoyed it, especially with the glare that Regina was sending in his direction.

"The pleasure is mine, Captain." Serena nodded, trying to be polite. "I've heard a lot about you. You were in business with my husband, weren't you? You might remember him. Jefferson Hatter?"

"Ah, the Hatter. I remember him." Hook nodded as the memories came back to him. "Didn't think he would be able to wed a princess."

"I prefer not to be called princess."

"Let's change the subject." Regina interrupted. "I have a job for Hook and I need your help."

"Why's that?" Serena asked, like she would ever actually help Regina kill Snow. "What makes you think I would help you?"