Chapter Twenty-Four

(If you've read this far, you probably don't care about smut warnings, but here's one anyway.)

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Regina laughed as she walked into her throne room, where everyone was waiting. Jefferson was standing in the middle of the room, guards surrounding.

He didn't care. He only cared about getting Serena out of there before Regina did anything that would destroy her. He assumed she didn't know about the baby, and he wouldn't be surprised if Regina made sure Serena never found out.

"You're the one who took my sister?" She let out a dry laugh as if she didn't know who he was. "Honestly, I expected more of you."

"Don't pretend you don't know who I am." Jefferson seethed. "You're the reason I had to leave her. You promised her a better life."

"And yet, you came crawling back?" Regina asked, sitting down on her throne. Serena turned to her, confusion spread across her face.

"You did this?" Regina didn't say anything as she kept her gaze on the wall behind Jefferson. Tears formed in Serena's eyes as she stood in front of her sister. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was trying to protect you." Regina sighed, standing up from her seat and walking towards her. "You don't know him as well as you think you do. He's a thief."

"Believe me, I know that."

"No, you don't. He's dangerous."

"As are you."

"What are you talking about?" Regina asked, moving towards her sister. Serena laughed, shaking her head.

"You think I don't know?" She questioned. Regina tilted her head in confusion, not understanding. "I know that I'm pregnant. And I know that you didn't want me to so you could get rid of it before I found out."

"I-" Regina paused, speechless. "I don't know what you're talking about. You really think you're pregnant? That's not possible. Even if you were, how would you know? You have no experience with that."

"You see, books can be very helpful." Serena shrugged. "Besides, The Genie told me all about your plan. And I'm not going to let you hurt my child. I won't let you take this away from me."

"This is insane." Regina laughed, crossing her arms over her chest. "You're really gonna believe a mirror and a thief over your own sister?"

"Yes, because you would do anything to have control. Well, guess what? It's not gonna happen."

"What are you going to do?" Regina asked. "You have no magic against me."

"Maybe not, but I do know your one weakness." Serena stepped towards Regina as Jefferson smiled behind her. "You can't hurt me. Your promise to protect me prevents you from hurting me. You can threaten me all you want, but you know what would happen if you killed my child."

"What makes you think I haven't already?" Regina questioned, trying to keep her anger at bay. "I could've easily given you something and you would never know."

"You wouldn't."

"What makes you think that?"

"Because you don't have it in you." Serena laughed, glancing over at Jefferson. "Like I said, you won't hurt me. And you don't trust magic enough to do it for you because there is always a price. One that you wouldn't be willing to pay. Because you know it would devastate me."

"I just wanted to protect you." Regina gave her a sad smile. "You're my baby sister. I can't let you ruin your life because of him." She gestured to Jefferson, but kept her gaze on Serena.