Chapter Twenty-Nine

(Smut warning)

"Jefferson? Are you okay?" Serena asked, walking into their room. He was sitting on the bed, running his hands through his hair in an attempt to calm himself. She was at his side in a second, resting a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry if I freaked you out earlier. When I was with Regina, I wasn't able to stop thinking about the life I wanted with you. You're all I want."

"I want to be with you too." He sighed, turning to face her. "I just hadn't thought about what we were going to do once the baby comes. You've had time to think about it. I did everything I could to get you out of my head, but I just- I just couldn't. I kept wondering if you were okay. Now that you're here with me, I have to think about all the things I tried to avoid. And it scares me."

"We don't have to think about it right now, but I can't go to most of the other realms." She told him. "I would just slow you down. Especially when it gets closer to when the baby comes." She let out an awkward laugh and her hand instinctively went down to her stomach.

"We don't have to travel, but we're gonna need money." He said, placing his hand over hers. "I only have so much money, and I don't think you want me to start stealing while we have a baby at home."

"If we need money, I can always ask Regina. I'm sure she'd help."

"I don't want to live off your sister's money." Jefferson sighed, using his other hand to cup her face. "Besides, I don't trust her. I know she's your sister, but I still don't trust her."

"You don't have to trust her." Serena responded. "I do. She wants what's best for me. I know she may act horrible at times, but no matter what, she would never abandon me."

"I know, princess." He nodded, pulling her closer. "But it doesn't mean that she likes me. If she had it her way, my heart would be turned into dust by now." She let out a quiet laugh and rested her head on his shoulder.

"She only tolerates you because she knows that I love you." She told him as he ran his fingers through her hair. She felt him place a gentle kiss on the top of her head, bringing a smile to her face. "Otherwise, yes you would be dead."

"Wow, you didn't even try to sugarcoat it." He joked, wrapping an arm around her. She laughed and closed her eyes, inhaling his scent. He was here. He was real beside her. She had missed him so much, and she was a little emotional now that he was back.

"You're ridiculous." She sniffled, nuzzling her face into his shoulder. He noticed the slight sadness in her voice, and pulled her away from him. Her eyes had glazed over with unshed tears as he cupped her face.

"What's wrong, princess?"

"Nothing, I'm just happy I have you back." She wiped her face as he let out a quiet chuckle, pulling her closer to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him close. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too." He muttered, nuzzling his face in her hair. "I never should have left you in the first place. I thought I was doing what was best for you, but I didn't think of how it would've affected you."

"It's okay." She assured. "As long as you're here now, that's what matters." She pulled away from him and cupped his face. "We should go back downstairs. Victor's probably worried about you." He nodded and kissed before standing up. The two left the room, their hands interlocked with the other's.

-Storybrooke-

It was the day before Valentine's Day as Sam walked around the town, taking in the fresh air. The sky was mostly clear and everyone seemed happy. Well, except Regina. She was still pissed at Emma for trying to humiliate her in front of everyone.