Chapter Fifty-Five

It took a while, but with Serena's help, Snow was able to create a plan to take back the kingdom. It was hard to communicate most of the time since they had to use birds to send letters. It was also hard to get the letters sent without Regina knowing.

Serena was sitting on her horse, next to Regina as the two watched a nearby village burn. She was able to convince Regina into thinking that she wanted to see Snow lose, which gave her a good advantage to help Snow in any way.

This was yet another village who tried to hide Snow White. Since Regina was losing her patience, this village was one of the unlucky ones that had to suffer her wrath.

The sound of horses approaching made them turn their attention away from the screaming villagers. Serena turned around to see Regina's men coming towards them on horseback with torches in their hands.

"My Queen, we've received word." The guard said as Serena held her breath. She hoped Snow was safe. She hadn't heard from them for a while since they were struggling against King George's army. "Snow White and the Prince have defeated King George. His army has fallen. The kingdom is theirs."

"And what of George?" Regina asked, the agitation clear in her voice.

"His fate is unknown." The guard answered. "But without his forces we are alone. We cannot defeat them."

"Do not tell me what we can or can't do." She seethed as Serena sighed at the small victory. "Where is Snow White now?"

"Alone, on her way back now to meet the Prince." He answered as Regina smiled.

"Excellent." She turned to smile at Serena before looking at the guard. "I don't care how many men you lose. Keep them apart long enough for Serena and I to find her. I will not let them defeat me." She urged her horse forward, Serena quickly following behind her.

It took a while, but soon they were able to find Snow White. She was running through the woods as they paused to let her think she was safe. She tripped on a rock, letting Regina make her entrance.

"Leaving the battle so soon?" Regina asked as Snow backed away, trying to get as far as possible. She dismounted her horse and Serena followed, trying to look threatening.

"The battle's over, Regina." Snow stood up, looking between the older women. "Our army is too great. You can't win."

"That all depends on your definition of victory."

"I offer you parlay." Snow said, hoping to negotiate. She knew that Serena wanted to keep Regina alive, it had been a part of the deal they made. Besides, she wanted to keep Regina alive as well. "To negotiate the terms of your surrender."

"My surrender?" Regina asked, shocked that Snow would think that. "Fair enough. My terms are quite simple. Your death."

As she was about to rip Snow's heart out, Snow looked up and shouted "Now!" Serena stepped back as Regina turned to see the Blue Fairy coming towards her. She threw a blast of magic at Regina, immobilizing her.

"It was all a trap." Regina realized as Charming stepped out of the bushes.

Snow stepped forward with a sympathetic look on her face. "You should have surrendered when I gave you the chance."

"Serena knew you couldn't resist going after Snow." Charming stepped forward as Regina turned to her sister with a look of betrayal. "And now because of your bloodlust, the kingdom is ours. Your reign of evil is over."

"I'm sorry, Regina." Serena muttered as Snow and Charming got a cage ready for Regina. "Truly. But I couldn't let you continue down this path." Regina didn't say anything as the Blue Fairy helped Snow and Charming take her to a cage.