Chapter Thirty-Seven

(Smut warning)

"Jefferson, where are we going?" Serena asked Jefferson for the millionth time that day. They had taken one of Regina's carriages, so Jefferson could surprise Serena with something, but the whole day she wouldn't stop asking about it.

"I thought I made it clear that I'm not going to tell you." He smirked, pulling her to his chest. "You'll see when we get there. Just trust me."

"When has that ever worked out?" She questioned, looking up at him. He rolled his eyes, but the smile never left his face. "I'm kidding. You know I trust you with my life." He chuckled and pressed a soft kiss to the top of her head.

"That I do." He nodded, running his fingers through her hair. "So you trust my taste?"

"Well..."

"You don't trust my taste?"

"It's not that I don't..." She said, unable to hold back the laugh. "It's just that there's a reason you're not allowed to pick out what Grace wears." It had been two years since Grace was born and they hadn't moved out of the castle.

Anytime Serena brought it up, Jefferson told her that he was handling it. She eventually stopped talking about it, leaving it be before it could've caused problems in their relationship. That's what she was most scared of.

She was new to relationships, so she didn't know if she was pushing any boundaries with Jefferson. Even after everything they had been through, she still feared that she would lose him again.

"Don't worry, princess." Jefferson said, getting her attention. "I promise my taste has gotten better. And you're going to love the surprise I have for you."

"I always do, my love." She looked up at him and smiled. After a bit longer, the carriage stopped and Jefferson grabbed a blindfold. "What's that?"

"It's a surprise." He grinned, turning her around and putting the blindfold. She was a bit hesitant until his soft voice reassured her. "I promise you're gonna like this." She nodded and leaned into him as he helped her stand.

He then helped her out of the carriage and started leading her away from the carriage. His hands rested on her hips as he guided her closer to the surprise, a small smile gracing his features.

When he finally stopped, he carefully pulled off the blindfold to show Serena a small house. Her brows furrowed in confusion as she turned to him, looking for answers.

"What are we doing here?" She asked him as his smile only grew.

"I know that you've been wanting a house, so I started saving up." He told her with a shrug. "You don't know how long I've wanted to leave your sister's castle. And I wanted to make sure you liked it before we brought Grace."

Serena spun around to look at the house as a smile spread across her face. "So... This is ours?" He nodded and hugged her from behind.

"It's all ours, beautiful." He kissed right below her ear, pulling her as close as possible. "Why don't we go make our mark on the place?" She giggled and nodded, finding his hand and dragging him inside.

To her surprise, it was already furnished to the last detail. "Perfect." Was all she could say as she looked around. It wasn't overly large, but it was big enough for her, Jefferson, and Grace. There were two rooms, and a small open kitchen.

"You like it, princess?" Jefferson asked her with a small smirk. She chuckled and turned to him, wrapping her arms loosely around his neck.

"I think I love you even more now." A mischievous grin spread across her face as she pulled him down for a kiss. He lead to another room, letting her go so she could see the room. "Is this our room?"