Chapter Twenty-Seven

Serena and Jefferson hurried to the door, careful not to slip on the mud that was forming because of the sudden rainfall. He knocked on the door, keeping her close to his side. He had a proud smile on his face the whole time, his happiness unable to be taken away by the freezing rain.

He had been so happy since she was with him again, and he intended on keeping his promise of making sure nothing separated them ever again.

After a few moments, the door opened and Igor stepped out, a smile spreading across his face when he saw the two of them. Serena smiled as he greeted the two of them, giving her a quick hug before leaving to get Victor.

"You ready, princess?" Jefferson whispered in Serena's ear, a small smile tugging on his lips. She nodded eagerly, waiting for Igor to come back with Victor. With her distracted, he spoke "I don't know if I can wait nine months before I can be inside you again."

"Jefferson!" She gasped, spinning around to face him. He started laughing, a smile covering his face. "You can't just say things like that." He shrugged as Victor stepped out, a smile on his face as he saw the two.

"Hi, how are my two favorite people?" He greeted until he saw Serena's pregnant belly. "Oh, my- Are you?" Serena nodded, the smile on her face growing bigger. "That's amazing. How far along?"

"Uh, around two months, I think." She looked at Jefferson to confirm, but he just shrugged. He had been to different places to take his mind off her, so he didn't know exactly how long she had been pregnant.

Victor nodded and ushered them inside, wanting to know everything. "So Jefferson finally pulled his head out of his ass and realized how stupid he was being by leaving you." Serena let out a quiet laugh as Jefferson narrowed his eyes.

"I may have had a change of mind." He said in a low voice. He hugged her closer to him as Victor chuckled, moving over to the bar and grabbing a bottle of whiskey. He also grabbed out two glasses, one for him and one for Jefferson.

"Was it that? Or you found out I was pregnant and felt bad?" She turned to Jefferson, looking up at him. He grumbled a bit, making her laugh. "It's okay, I still love you." She kissed his cheek as Victor fixed him a glass of the golden liquid.

"You two are adorable." He said, handing the glass to Jefferson. "I'm happy for you." The couple smiled at their friend's support, even though Jefferson knew Victor had been trying to get them together for a while. Victor turned to Serena, a small smile on his face. "I may have some things for you to try to keep the baby healthy-"

"No!" She stopped him, making Jefferson laugh. Victor looked at him in confusion, but he simply shrugged and smiled. "Thank you, but no."

-Storybrooke-

"Alright, a little to the left please." Sam instructed the workers that were helping after the storm. Unfortunately, the wind knocked down her sign, so now she had to put it up again. They did as she said and moved it, then checked for her approval. "That's great. Thank you."

She turned around to see Regina walking up to her with a smile and Axel on a leash.. "How is everything?" Regina asked, pushing stray hair behind her ear. Sam took the leash from her, bending down slightly to pet him.

"Other than my sign, everything's okay." She shrugged, gesturing to the sign behind her. "How's Henry?"

"Same as usual." Regina sighed as Axel nudged her leg. "Still thinks I'm The Evil Queen."

"You have to understand, it's hard for him." Sam told her. "He has a lot going on right now, and he's trying to figure everything out. Have you tried talking to him?"