Chapter Fifty-Six

(Smut warning)

"I fear the Queen will never change. We must dispense justice." Jiminy Cricket told the group of Red Riding Hood, her grandmother, a few dwarves, a few guards, Serena, the Blue Fairy, Prince Charming, and of course, Snow White.

"Agreed. What are our options?" Charming asked, looking around the room.

"How about giving me five minutes alone with her and my ax?" Grumpy suggested, being his usual rude self.

"Watch your tone, dwarf. She's still my sister." Serena warned, glaring at him from the other end of the table, where she was sitting next to Snow. None of them trusted her. Mainly because they all thought she was secretly working with Regina.

"Doesn't make her a better person." He responded before turning to the Blue Fairy. "She's still restrained, right?"

"Yes. But the magic that we used to capture her will only keep her powerless for a short while." She nodded with a sigh.

"How about banishing her to another realm?" Granny didn't look up, still staring at her knitting.

"We can't." Jiminy shook his head, looking around. "It would be unconscionable to condemn another realm to the suffering that we've endured."

"Jiminy's right. She's our problem and we have to deal with her." Red said with a sigh as Charming stood from his seat.

"And only one thing is certain." He announced, making sure to avoid eye contact with Serena. "As long as the Queen lives, the kingdom is in danger."

"Are you saying..." Snow finally spoke up, the thought of killing someone that used to be so kind making her sick.

"Yes." Charming nodded as Serena's eyes widened. "We must kill the Queen."

"Not a chance." Serena stood up, making all of them turn to her. "You may hate her, but she's my sister. Yes, she's done terrible, unforgivable things, but that does not condone murder."

"Sounds like you want to join her." Grumpy grunted, earning a glare from Serena.

"Enough." Snow interrupted before the arguing could go any further. "You are all dismissed." Everyone nodded and stood up, leaving the room. "Serena, please stay." Serena sighed as Snow turned to Charming. "Are you sure this is what we must do?"

"What choice do we have?" Charming asked, looking between the two women. "As long as she draws breath, she will come after us. After you."

"There's always a choice." Serena pleaded. "Please, you can't kill her."

Snow sighed, looking at Charming. "Serena's right. You stopped me from killing her once. Took an arrow to save her. Why is this different?"

"I took that arrow to save your life, not hers." He sat down, trying to reason with Snow. He knew Serena wouldn't be happy about it, but he didn't care. He didn't care whether Serena was upset about it. "That was an assassination. This is an execution."

"It's still murder." Serena tried to reason with him.

"If we don't stop her now, there's no telling what she'll live to do." He shook his head, still trying to convince both stubborn women that this was a good idea.

Snow sighed and turned to Serena. "I'm sorry, Serena. He has a point. If she lives, she might kill us all. I know she's your family, but we can't take the chance that she'll come after us. I still don't think it's right, but we might not have a choice."

Serena didn't say anything, instead glaring at Charming before leaving the room. She didn't think their resolve would be murder. Her stomach was doing flips. She couldn't imagine losing Regina.