Chapter Thirty

Days later, Serena and Jefferson stayed in The Land Without Color, helping Victor with whatever they could and getting pregnancy tips. Serena still refused to take any tonics Victor suggested, saying she was fine then changing the subject.

Serena never told Jefferson, but she was starting to get homesick. She wasn't sure if it was because of Regina, or the lack of color that she was missing. She missed The Enchanted Forest. She missed the vibrant colors of the flowers, and the bright sunlight shining through the window in the morning.

That's how she ended up crying in her room while Victor and Jefferson talked in another room. She hid her face in her hands, trying to wipe any tears. Of course it wouldn't stop, her hormones were out of whack as well.

"Hey, princess-" Jefferson walked in, stopping as he saw the state Serena was in. He was at her side in an instant to make sure she and the baby were okay. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"I'm fine, Jefferson." She let out a sad chuckle. "I'm just a little homesick." She wiped her face to get rid of tears, but he still wasn't convinced. "I'm okay." He nodded and sighed, taking her hand in his.

"Do you want to go back to The Enchanted Forest?" He asked as she scooted closer until she was sitting in his lap. She shrugged, nuzzling her head into his neck. "It's always an option. I know you want to see your sister and The Huntsman, so we can go back."

He understood the relationship between Serena and The Huntsman. He was like a brother to her, always making sure she stayed out of trouble, keeping her safe when she was acting like a child.

Jefferson hoped that when the baby came, he would get to see that side of her. But for now, he was happy that she acted more mature. Aside from all the times she would pull small pranks on him during their trips through the different realms.

"Can we?" Serena asked, her voice meek as she raised her head. He nodded with a reassuring smile. "But what about you? I know you wouldn't want to see them."

"Princess..." He sighed, cupping her face in his hands. "As long as you're happy, I'll suck it up. I've been an ass for too long, and your happiness comes first. You're my priority."

"I love you, Jefferson."

"I love you, too, princess."

-Storybrooke-

The next day, Emma sat with Sam in the police station, eating Pastrami as they watched Mr. Gold in one of the cells. Emma hadn't explained much, but from what Sam heard, he attacked Moe over something that he stole.

"Pastrami." Emma broke the silence, holding up her sandwich to Gold. "You want some?" Gold looked over at her as she took a bite out of it. "You know, I still owe you that favor. Nice, fatty pastrami, delicious way to clear the books." Sam snorted out a laugh, even though she was still trying to be professional.

"I don't need a reminder that you owe me a favor." He turned away from the two before looking at them again. "And when the day comes that I make my request, it'll be for more than half a sandwich."

The sound of footsteps approaching caught both women's attention as they saw Regina walk in with Henry in front of her. Sam straightened her posture as if she were ready to bolt. Regina had made it very clear she didn't want Emma near Sam. Unfortunately, it wasn't Emma who had to sit through Regina's lecture about being careful.

"Sheriff Swan?" Regina spoke, stopping just outside Emma's office. "I'm letting you have thirty minutes with Henry. Take him out, buy him ice cream." Regina turned to Gold as both Emma and Sam stood from their chairs.