Chapter Twenty-Six

"Are you ready to go?" Jefferson asked as Serena entered their room. He marveled at her growing belly, it hadn't been much since he first got there, but he was so proud she was able to show what they created.

"Yeah, I just had to talk to Regina."

"How'd that go?" He asked, looking up at her. She knew he was still uncomfortable mentioning Regina, after all, she did try to kill his unborn child.

"Pretty well. I told her we were going to be leaving for a while." Serena shrugged, walking over to him. "I also asked her if I looked bigger. She said no. Honestly, I think all three of you are lying."

"We're not lying." He chuckled, taking her hands in his. "You look amazing. Even if you were getting bigger, you'd still look gorgeous. You're the most beautiful woman in all the realms."

"You're only saying that because you have to."

"Not true, I'm saying it because you are." He smiled, cupping her face. He placed a soft kiss on her forehead before bending down to kiss her stomach. "And I'm so excited to meet the little guy when he comes out."

"He?" She questioned with a laugh. "You really think it's gonna be a boy?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be?" He asked, standing up and giving her a smile. She raised her eyebrows, silently questioning him. "Let's call it a dad's intuition."

"And what about mom's intuition?" She laughed as he pulled her closer to him. He shrugged, the smile on his face growing at her question.

"Never heard of it."

"Well, it's a thing, and I think it's gonna be a girl." She told him, with a smile as she took his hat from his head. He thought for a moment before shrugging.

"I don't care what it is, as long as he's healthy."

"You mean she."

"Maybe."

"I don't care what it's gonna be, as long as Victor doesn't make me drink some weird tonic for the baby." She was grossed out by the thought, not wanting to compare it to the medicine she's tasted.

"If it helps-"

"I'm still not taking it." She gave him a fake smile and threw the hat onto the floor, watching it start to spin on its own. They waited until the purple vortex formed to jump in, excitement filling Serena.

"Just be careful when you land." He told her, grabbing her arm. She nodded and jumped in, taking him with her. Fortunately he was able to hold onto her as they landed, making sure she didn't get hurt. "You okay?"

"Yeah." She smiled, kissing his cheek. He smiled as she did, wishing he could just hug her forever. Unfortunately it was starting to rain, so they had to hurry to Victor's home. "You ready?"

"Always, princess. Just lead the way."

-Storybrooke-

Jefferson woke up before Sam, letting her sleep for a while. He had brought her up to his room the night before so she could get some rest. Pushing her hair out of her face, he smiled, adoring the sight of her so peaceful.

"I love you." He kissed her cheek, wrapping his arms tightly around her. He was so happy to have her in his arms again. He hadn't held her in so long without it being his imagination. He had been alone for so long, it was hard to believe she was really there with him.

"I love you too." She smiled, keeping her eyes closed. He chuckled quietly, pressing a soft kiss to her neck. "Hey." She giggled, turning in his arms to hug him.