060. wizard of oz

Sam is sitting at the map table and has Athena in his lap while he works. Ophelia is reading a book and Libby is doing math work that Sam "forced" her to do. She was hoping he might forget about homeschooling her for the day, but he didn't. Ophelia already finished all of her work, Libby jealous of the older girl's quick ability to understand things.

Dean and Larissa walk in, going down the stairs.

"Hey. How'd it go with Kevin?" Sam asks.

"Oh, that little nerd is in a lovely warded hotel room in Branson. He's got about 48 hours of pay-per-porn and Kenny Rogers ahead of him." Dean says.

"How's he feeling?" Sam asks.

"Well, he stared at the angel tablet and repeated the word "falafel" for the entire ride. Kid's cracked. I'm hoping this break will, uh, clear his head." Dean says. "You know, after everything that happened, I figured we could use a little break ourselves, so I, uh, picked you up season one Game of Thrones. Figured we'd get a little takeout. Also, uh, picked the kids up some, uh, Big Bang Theory."

"Why can't we just watch Game of Thornes with you?" Libby asks.

"18 and up show, sweetheart." Larissa says. "Big Bang Theory is at least... somewhat more your age. Lot of geeky shit. So your dad might wanna watch that instead."

"All right. Well, first, I think I might have found a way to help Cas." Sam says.

"Did you talk to him?" Dean asks.

"No. And, by the way, I still don't understand why he left in the first place. I mean, the bunker is the safest place for him. Bartholomew and-- and who knows how many other angels are out there, gunning for him."

"Hey, look, nobody wants him here more than I do, okay? But, uh, he felt like he'd bring trouble down on us, so he had to split." Larissa has to refrain herself from rolling her eyes. "But if you got a way to help him, I'm all ears."

"All right. So, Kevin said the table lit up like a Christmas tree when the angels fell, right?"

"Right." Larissa nods.

"So?" Dean asks.

"So, it turns out each light was where a cluster of angels fell. So I'm thinking maybe there's some way to hotwire this, make it track angels. That way, we could help Cas steer clear of danger."

"This was... your idea?" Dean asks.

"Do you see them doing anything angel related?" Sam asks, motioning between the three girls.

"So, how would it work?" Dean asks.

"Oh, no idea. See, at first, I thought the whole table was the computer, but it's not. It turns out it's just part of it. But I did find these cables underneath, and I followed them. You're never gonna believe what I found."

"Voila." Sam motions to an old computer in a room.

"This is a computer?" Dean asks.

"Yikes." Libby mutters.

"Yeah... or it was in 1951 when it was installed. Now, here's the crazy thing. It's not plugged in to anything. I mean, I have no idea what's making this thing work." Sam says.

They walk to the other side of it and Dean puts his hand on the back of it.

"It's warm here." He find a flat screwdriver and puts it under the back of the panel of the computer, starting to pry it open. He gives one final pull and the panel pops off, sending Dean stumbling back into the shelf behind him.