9.

Two days later, after all the staff meetings had concluded and the best players from all over Europe were on their way to training camp in preparation for the World Cup, Erin entered the modern facility with a cup of cappuccino in hand, sipping the hot liquid as she examined her schedule on the tablet.

At that moment, just seconds after logging into her account, she noticed a name she would rather avoid.

Alexia Putellas.

With their mind-blowing night still very much present in her head, Erin swallows, but decides that she should probably try to act professional around the captain, even though camp started today and she'd most likely see the athlete more frequently from now on.

And that worked surprisingly well.

It worked out as Erin saw the stunningly beautiful athlete back on the pitch for the first time after her way too short vacation.

It worked out during the welcome speech, where Alexia positioned herself across the huge huddle the team was forming, not only to hear the head coach's instructions better, but also to stay as far away from Erin as possible.

Alexia was obviously avoiding her.

She was pretending that Erin didn't exist. Well, that's what she tried, at least.

And despite glancing at each other from time to time, Erin managed to keep her cool and stay calm throughout the day.

That also worked out well during the first training session, some tactical exercises with and without the ball, in teams of two and small groups, that Jorge Vilda had devised.

And just as Erin was told when she was offered the job - because otherwise she would never have signed this contract with the Spanish national team - she kept a close eye on the mental health, as well as the physical condition of Spains elite athletes.

And that's exactly what she did.

With a smaller medical bag by her feet, for quick assistance in case of emergency, Erin, one of the best therapists Europe wide, found herself standing on the sidelines of the modern training facility, her hands clasped behind her back as she patiently watches the training session.

But even though Erin tried - and she really tried - to keep her eyes off the captain, the athletic midfielder who was performing all the exercises to perfection, she couldn't help herself.

Erin couldn't help but allow her eyes to wander as Alexia went one-on-one against a Real Madrid player who, of course, didn't stand a chance against her.

Because the two-time Ballon D'Or winner was the best.

Simply the best.

The ball had just hit the back of the net, and the captain triumphantly threw her hand in the air as she turned to run back to her teammates, when she spotted the slender therapist looking at her.

The power those eyes held.

Those sparkling hazel eyes darkened. The team captain's proud grin fades away in the blink of an eye as she glances at Erin, adrenaline pumping through her veins as she jogs to get another ball.

And with her eyes still fixed on Erin, Alexia collides with one of her teammates who was about to dribble in the direction of Misa's goal as well.

"Oh... mierda... I'm so sorry", the midfielder mutters, completely stunned when she realizes that she has zoned out, her warm palms holding her teammate by the shoulders as she takes a step back.

She lost control over her thoughts.

Just for a second. And that wasn't supposed to happen. It couldn't happen. Not again.