38.

With her eyes fluttered shut, head rested against the captains chest, and with her slender arms wrapped around the athletes strong body, Erin couldn't help but start wondering why Alexia wasn't moving, whispering a soft, "Love?"

This had Jorge's eyes dilate.

This didn't make the situation any better.

„Um... B-Bonita", Alexia pants, gently tapping the therapists shoulder, her hazel eyes fixed on the grey haired man in front of them as an ice cold shiver rushes down her spine.

"Buenas noches, Alexia. Hola, Erin", Jorge grumbles, a stern expression plastered on his face, arms crossed over his chest as he glances down at his watch, saying, "Glad you found your way back to the hotel. You've been gone all day"

Of course their absence didn't go unnoticed by the Spains strict head coach.

What were they thinking.

His words had the blondes eyes dilate, Erin lifting her head as she turns, taken aback to find her boss standing in front of them, expression stern, clearly annoyed.

If only it had been raining all night.

If only it had continued to thunder, so they would still be in their camper at the lonely, sandy beach of Stony Bay, not having to endure the confrontation they now had to face.

"We- um...", stammers Erin, "This isn't-"

"Bonita", the brunette interrupts her, a warm, reassuring hand running down the small of her back, giving her hip a gentle squeeze, before releasing the stunningly beautiful blonde as she says, "Why don't you head upstairs. Today has been exhausting"

The blondes delicate lips purse in surprise, tired eyes shifting back and forth between Alexia and the coach.

With her sparkling hazel eyes fixed on Erin, momentarily pretending that Jorge wasn't standing right in front of them, the captain offers the smallest and softest of smiles as she takes Erin's backpack from her shoulder, handing it over.

"But-"

"Let me take care of this, Bonita", Alexia replies confidently, much to Erin's - and Jorge's - surprise, the two of them watching as the therapist reaches for her backpack, silently throwing it over her shoulder.

Where does that sudden confidence come from?

"Um... oh... okay", the blonde breathes, her gaze shifting downwards as she notices the two time Ballon D'Or winner holding something else into her direction.

A room card.

Swallowing, Erin's delicate lips part ever so slightly, her heart hammering into her chest as she looks back up, frowning as she finds Alexia's hazel eyes twinkling back at her, a confident expression on the athletes otherwise flawless visage.

Holding her breath, the therapist glances towards the head coach, who's now stepping out of the elevator, wondering what to do.

"Take it, Erin", the midfielder demands in a calm voice, talking to her through gritted teeth, the way she was using the therapists name telling Erin that she knew what she was doing.

So the blonde accepted Alexia's offer.

She quickly reached for the card, without another word she stepped into the elevator, and without daring to look at her boss, Erin presses the button of the top floor, impatiently waiting for the doors to close.

"Alexia", Jorge starts as soon as the elevator doors were closed, his voice stern as he speaks, "What the hell were you-"

"Jorge. With all the respect I have for you, this crosses the line to my privacy", the two time Ballon D'Or winner interrupts him, her voice clear, and confident.