2.16.

anyone else fascinated about the Spanish National team? incredible how they're standing together now ☕️☕️☕️

About an hour elapsed, and during that time, Alexia and Erin went their separate ways.

While the midfielder had engaged in meetings with prominent members of the Federation, coaches, presidents, and other influential individuals, the blonde had remained at the bar, savoring an unexpected glass of effervescent champagne, while keeping an eye on Ria.

After what felt like an eternity, the hour was up and their paths converged once more at the entrance, both navigating the bustling crowd to reach the grand doors.

Discreetly maneuvering through the attendees, they approached from different directions, aiming to exit inconspicuously.

"Feels like we're making a sneaky exit", the therapist remarks, an amused chuckle escaping her lips as she slips through the narrow opening of the door held by the two time Ballon D'Or winner in the gorgeous, dark blue dress.

"We're not sneaking out", Alexia replies, a gentle touch finding it's place on the small of Erin's back, her voice soft, "We're just... leaving early to enjoy the warmth of the summer night"

Moving through the expansive hallway leading to the colossal wooden doors, revealing the expanse of downtown Madrid, Erin's heart was racing at the idea of leaving and spending time with Alexia.

The power that women held.

Only days or perhaps a week ago, Erin would never have believed this scenario possible. The idea of the midfielder allowing her, them, this close again seemed far-fetched to her.

And the same applied to Alexia.

The two-time Ballon d'Or winner had resolved to maintain control, not so easily succumbing to the captivating blonde's allure.

Yet, here they were, days later, in Madrid.

Together.

With a trembling, yet tender touch at the small of Erin's back, the brunette guided her, the blonde resplendent in her gorgeous suit.

The midfielder felt the excitement brew as they stepped into the pleasantly refreshing night, leaving the event, which wasn't even the reason for her trip to Spain's capital.

Erin was.

The stunningly beautiful blonde was the only person she was interested in.

Emerging under the midnight sky, adorned with glimmering stars, a tranquil atmosphere enveloped the outdoor space, as most guests remained inside.

A feeling of relief washed over the midfielder as she realized there were only a few people around, minimizing the chance of recognition, increasing the chance of more privacy.

Walking side by side, the two of them strolled along the cobblestone sidewalk, heading toward the imposing Royal Palace, known as Palacio Real de Madrid, the baroque marvel constructed in 1735.

„I'm glad you're here tonight", Erin's voice, soft as a whisper, broke the silence.

At the sensation of Alexia's warm fingertips tracing circles on the small of her back, Erin felt both comfort and exhilaration.

"Yeah... me too", the midfielder responds, her tone filled with a mix of uncertainty and sincerity.

Though tinged with uncertainty, those words tugged at Erin's heartstrings, their significance immeasurable.

The power her words held.

"I've never been to Madrid", the blonde whispers, allowing herself to slightly lean into Alexia as they continued down the sidewalk, their surroundings featured old buildings, stars and streetlights casting a gentle glow.