epilogue

mark my prediction. maybe I'm right. enjoy reading this final chapter. ☕️✍🏼

Paris, 2024, the day of the Olympics.

It was the grand final of the Olympic tournament, pitting France against Spain in a clash of football titans.

The stadium was more than just full; words fell short in describing the electric atmosphere at Parc des Princes, nestled in the heart of Paris and home to none other club than Paris Saint-Germain.

The stands reverberated with the thunderous cheers of enthusiastic football fans who had stood in line for hours to secure coveted tickets for this showdown. The crowd was a seething sea of energy, barely contained by the stadium's formidable walls.

Loyal supporters of the French women's national team dominated the scene, adorning the stands with a sea of French flags and dark blue jerseys.

"Allez les bleus!" echoed through the air, a battle cry from devoted fans.

However, it was not just the French fans who made their presence felt.

In the southwest corner of the packed stadium, a sea of red and hints of light blue jerseys adorned the Spanish supporters. Drums, fanfares, and raucous cheers emanated from this passionate contingent, rivaling the French in sheer enthusiasm.

The atmosphere was simply electric.

Tonight was simply electric.

The clock struck 8 p.m., and everything was inset for a top-tier match, a final that promised to be a page torn from the annals of football history, teeming with excitement and passion.

Tonight was the night.

Beneath the stadium, in the hallowed tunnel, two lines of players formed, one decked in blue, the other in fiery red.

The Spanish team, led by none other than the record-breaking national player, Alexia Putellas, stood as the favorites. On the other side, under the leadership of Wendie Renard, the French squad bore the weight of 'underdogs', especially after their defeat against the mighty FC Barcelona in the 2024 Champions League final.

This Olympic final was more than just a rematch of that intense showdown a few weeks earlier.

Ria Thomas' team was determined to reclaim victory and etch their names in history once more.

For Spain, it had been a remarkable year of redemption, a response to their early exit from the 2023 World Cup.

Aitana Bonmati's Ballon d'Or win, coupled with her accolades from UEFA and FIFA, underscored their success. FC Barcelona had secured the Spanish championship and clinched both domestic cups and the Champions League. Alexia Putellas stood as the top scorer in Liga F, and their national team had not conceded a single point.

The season had been impeccable, and every player on the national team yearned to crown it with an Olympic gold medal.

As the referee's signal pierced the air, a shiver of enthusiasm and emotion coursed through Alexia. The captain's band on her upper left arm was taut, her socks pulled up to her knees. She clutched the pennant tightly, her gaze unwavering, as the two teams ventured onto the pitch, greeted by a deafening roar and the resonance of music that permeated the mild Parisian summer evening.

It was a moment of perfection.

Tonight was perfection.

The two-time Ballon d'Or winner slowly ascended the stairs, feeling the collective gaze of fans and everyone in this stadium upon her.