25. The Slytherin Common Room

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but if I DID SOMEONE SAY DRACO MALFOYYY

_________<>_________

Bel had returned to the Gryffindor common room, along with Ron, Hermione, and Harry.

She didn't feel like being alone.

Besides, the four had much to discuss before her extended curfew ended.

"You mean, you-know-who is out there right now in the forest", Hermione said from her seat on one of the cushioned chairs opposite the roaring fireplace.

"But he's weak. He's living off the unicorns. Don't you see? We had it wrong. Snape doesn't want the stone for himself, he wants the stone for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life Voldemort will be strong again. He'll ... he'll come back", Harry explained as he paced up and down before eventually slumping down in a chair.

"But if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to kill you ... do you?" Ron asked on a sofa that he and Bel were sat on.

"I think if he'd had the chance he would've tried to kill me tonight", Harry replied.

"And to think, I've been worrying about my potions final", Ron exclaimed after taking a big gulp.

"Hang on a minute. We're forgetting one thing", Hermione said.

Bel, Ron, and Harry all looked in her direction.

"Who's the one wizard Voldemort always feared?" she asked.

The other three all shared confused glances.

"Dumbledore. As long as Dumbledore is around, Harry, you're safe. As long as Dumbledore is around, you can't be touched", Hermione answered for them.

"He'll protect you, Harry. You can trust him", Bel added with certainty in her tone.

Her words were true.

In her experience with the powerful and wise old wizard, she had quickly learnt one thing.

To trust him.

To trust that he will protect her from harm.

"I think we're also forgetting someone else who will keep you safe", Hermione said after a brief silence.

Once again, the other three looked totally lost.

"Bel", Hermione said in a tone that made it seem like it was totally obvious.

"Excuse me?" Bel asked in total shock of what her friend was saying.

"Why didn't Voldemort have the chance to harm you tonight?" Hermione asked.

Harry locked eyes with Bel.

The two of them were clearly reliving the terrifying moment where they ran through the forest being chased by Voldemort.

"Your enchantments. In the forest. They stopped Voldemort from reaching us", Harry eventually said in an almost whisper.

"You're being trained by Dumbledore, Bel. You're powerful, and so is your wand. Perhaps Dumbledore knew that Voldemort would come back one day. Perhaps he knew that Harry would need someone around to keep him safe", Hermione explained.

Bel thought about her words.

Dumbledore was training her to protect Harry.

It wasn't all about her wand.

But he had never mentioned that to her before.

However, Hermione was never wrong.

And there was another thing that startled her.