85. The Dog and The Yearbook

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but should I ask AI to put out photos of what Bel might look like and put them on here??? Like imagine pics of her and Harry with Hedwig and Gus (stoppppp)

__________<>__________

Bel had been honest about why she didn't wish to teach Harry to defend himself against dementors.

It would be too dangerous for him being the prime one.

She struggled herself with the creatures, still having to be put on duty with at least one other member of staff.

And Harry had been right when he said the dementors seem to affect him worse than anyone else.

Teaching him how to combat them would require him to be around them.

It was a recipe for disaster.

But it wasn't as though she had completely let Harry down.

Professor Lupin would be able to teach him, and Bel had a feeling he would accept the challenge.

That left Bel able to remove herself from guilt as she continued to flick through the pages of the '78 yearbook.

Bel knew her parents went to Hogwarts, but whether or not they were in the same year as Harry's parents seemed unlikely.

Besides, she didn't even know their names.

It started to seem futile as she scanned the multitude of faces.

But she did find joy in doing so as she laid eyes on a few familiar names.

Bel had continued on from Lily Evans and stopped when she caught sight of a much younger looking Remus Lupin.

He still had those same scars on his face in the picture.

Bel hadn't really paid much thought as to what they could be from.

They lived in a magical world, and she was very used to injuries sustained from magical creatures considering her duties with Hagrid for the past two years.

All she needed to know was what she did know.

Some sort of creature must have attacked him, and left scars there.

Bel kept turning the pages, hoping that a light would go off in her head when she saw her mother.

But that hadn't happened yet, and soon, she reached the image of a young James Potter.

Bel chuckled to herself as she watched the small moving image wink, as well as the sight of the circular glasses he wore that matched Harry's identically.

She even had to quickly turn over the page when she found herself thinking he was kind of ... cute.

The next few pages turned up no magical connection between her and an image of her mother.

Bel was starting to lose hope.

There were hundreds, if not thousands of other yearbooks to look through.

Sure, she wouldn't look back too far.

Dumbledore had to have been headmaster, so that was a bracket to keep them in.

But it was looking like the year of 1978 wasn't the year her mother was present in.

And just as Bel was reaching the final few pages, the moving image of a young boy caught her eye.

Not because she believed him to be her father, but because of the name under the image.

Severus Snape.