45. Protect Her

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but if I did ... honestly who knows what it would look like

__________<>__________

Bel had one of her lessons with Dumbledore scheduled for that afternoon, and so she had to leave the peace of her clearing soon enough.

It was one in which she would be practicing wandless magic, not searching for the Chamber of Secrets.

However, Bel had plans for that lesson.

She debated whether to tell Dumbledore about her newfound ability to talk to snakes.

There wasn't a reason she could think of not to.

The headmaster had instructed her to inform him on any advances she made in terms of finding the Chamber.

Speaking Parseltongue, knowing it was a language linked to the heir of Slytherin, it did seem pertinent.

However, there was one problem.

Harry was able to speak Parseltongue too.

And just as she didn't want anyone to throw her in it, she doubted Harry wanted her to tell their school's headmaster that he possessed traits of the heir of Slytherin.

She thus decided to let Dumbledore figure it out for himself, or to let Harry tell him first before she did, just be sure she wasn't putting her friend in a tricky position.

With the rumours flying around, she was sure that Dumbledore probably already knew.

However, she wouldn't get to find out straight away as when she arrived at the headmaster's office, he wasn't there.

This was not a rare occurrence.

Bel had learnt last year that when Dumbledore isn't present, to just get on with her practice anyways.

He would turn up eventually.

So the Hufflepuff girl said her hellos to Fawkes before taking a seat in her little study area tucked away in one corner of the large office.

She used the summoning charm to bring forth the book she was currently studying towards her off the gigantic bookshelf opposite her and turned to the last page she remembered reading.

It was a double page spread on the growing and shrinking spells.

Engorgio and Diminuendo.

It wasn't the most entertaining of spells to learn, and boredom added onto the other issue she was having.

Bel had a bad habit of underestimating just how much rest one person needed.

Currently, she was running on very few hours of sleep.

Her mind was simply too full and busy to allow her peace.

And so, she found herself losing focus and getting the two spells mixed up.

She also found herself slowly drifting off considering Dumbledore still hadn't made an appearance.

Her charmed bean bag was so comfy, it didn't take long at all for her to fall into a light sleep.

As her mind taunted her with talking snakes and petrified students, she didn't notice Harry enter the office.

She didn't hear him talk to the sorting hat.

She didn't hear him slowly walk over to Fawkes on his stand.