54. Hagrid

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but Robbie Coltrane's passing really hit me man

__________<>__________

When Bel had returned to her common room that night, Professor Sprout entered shortly after.

Their head of house had made an announcement that there were new rules in place.

Firstly, all students had to be back in their respective common rooms by 6:00.

Secondly, all students had to be escorted to each lesson by a teacher.

Thirdly, there were no exceptions to the rules.

That was when Professor Sprout had asked Bel for a private word.

The Hufflepuff head of house first expressed her sorrows for Hermione and how it must have affected Bel.

She then expressed her annoyance that Bel was involved in the search for the Chamber of Secrets in the first place.

She then expressed how angry she would be if Bel were to be involved again.

Obviously, her track record spoke for itself.

Bel had a tendency to attract danger.

And considering her plans that were set in stone to single-handedly go after a murderer and their monstrous pet, Professor Sprout was right to be giving Bel such a warning.

But nothing was going to sway the young girl.

Not now Hermione was involved.

It was personal.

So all Bel did was reassure Professor Sprout that she was going to stay on the side of safety, promising that Cedric would keep an eye on her.

That seemed enough to get the professor to drop the subject and move on.

"What did McGonagall want?" Cedric asked the second Professor Sprout had left Bel alone.

"Someone else has been petrified", Bel said in a whisper, flashes of Hermione lying in the hospital bed entering her mind.

"What? Who?" Tia asked in shock.

"Hermione", Bel answered, a small break in her voice as she did.

"Bel ... I'm so sorry. That's awful", Ollie said as Cedric pulled her into a warm hug.

"Now do you get it? Hermione is one of Harry's closest friends. He would never hurt her. It's someone else. Someone evil beyond measure. Someone who doesn't care about the lives of young students unless they are purebloods. That's who the real heir of Slytherin is. A monster", Bel spat, her anger showing in her tone.

Riley, Ollie, and Tia all looked at each other in shame.

It appeared as if they finally believed her.

But at what cost?

__________<>__________

In the Gryffindor common room, Professor McGonagall had told the Gryffindor students the same rules as Professor Sprout had to the Hufflepuffs.

However, there was one more piece of information that McGonagall had revealed.

That if the person behind the attacks wasn't caught, the school would be closed.

That was enough to kick Harry into gear.

"We've got to talk to Hagrid, Ron", Harry whispered to his friend as the other students all engaged in their own conversations.