Chapter 04: Feel Something

Camila's POV

I drove my car, heading home after dropping Lucy at her place. I had been driving her to campus and home for a week now since she was still recovering from the injuries she got from the fight with Alexa. She could walk normally, but she broke her right arm, which not allowed her to drive at this moment. It was the most intense fight Lucy had that I knew. She probably did not really fight back when she knew she was not innocent, sleeping with Alexa's fiancé.

I would not blame Lucy. She did not know that woman was Alexa's fiancé. The woman was Lucy's type, too. So, I guessed things just happened as they met and hit it off. I could not blame Alexa, too, for being furious like that, but at least she should have listened to Lucy's explanation or asked her fiancé before attacking Lucy like that. In my opinion, that woman should be responsible for everything that happened because she knew she had a fiancé and still cheated on her.

Lucy finally managed to talk to Alexa after being avoided and ignored by Alexa for a week. They finally sat down and talked yesterday. Lucy apologized even on my behalf. She should have let me come with her so that I could do my part, but she did not let me. I would still apologize when I met Alexa, tho. I rarely saw Alexa only once in a while. I wanted to call her, but Lucy said it was not necessary.

Alexa was still upset, but she forgave Lucy. She warned Lucy it would be the last time she tolerated her. If Lucy crossed the line again, she would not hesitate to do what she would do, which I was not sure what it was. I was confident Lucy could take care of herself even though avoiding a problem was better than solving it. I hoped Lucy could forget about that woman soon. I was a bit worried about how Lucy felt because it had been a while since I saw her blushing like that when we talked about that woman.

Getting out of my car, I froze when I opened the back passenger door to get my stuff. I felt like someone was watching me. I looked around the empty street. Only one old man was walking with his walking stick a few meters away. I looked at the left side of the big tree at the opposite of the street. There was nothing. I saw nothing. I had goosebumps when the strong spring wind suddenly blew past me.

I brushed it off and took my stuff out of the back seat. I locked my car, heading to the door. I felt it again, like something or someone was nearby. I stopped when I ascended the stairs. I turned around and scanned my neighborhood. I did not see anything or anyone but I felt so weird. I quickly unlocked the door and got into the house. The weird feeling was gone as I stepped inside the house when I took in the delicious smell coming from the kitchen.

"Mom!" I called my mother, walking into the kitchen

"Camila, you're home!" She looked happy when I got home earlier than expected today, the full moon day.

"Yes, Mama!" I went to greet her with a hug and a kiss on the cheek

"How was your day and how is Lucy?" My mother asked. She knew Lucy was injured, but she did not know the cause and how bad Lucy got.

"Yeah... nothing bad, and Lucy is much better now. She only needs some time for her arm to fully recover." Lucy and I kept the real reason why Lucy was beaten badly. We only told her parents and my mother that Lucy was dealing with a few spoiled brats who tried to bully me.

We started our dinner a bit earlier today since we were home earlier due to the full moon. My mother always wanted me to be home earlier or before sunset on certain days. This rule was not only for me but also for herself. She always closed her little cafe earlier. During the full moon and certain moons, we always spent our evenings at home, having a nice dinner, having a lovely conversation, and watching a movie before we ended our night.