Chapter 11: Cancel The Date

Narrator's POV

Saturday evening, Camila was getting ready for her date with Timothée. She was not as excited as before. It was the third time she was going on a date with him. The first one was canceled at the beginning of summer Timothée was involved in an accident. He was fine but had to cancel the date to deal with the incident. The second one was last week, a day after her first hike to the North Hill, which was also canceled due to Timothée's mother getting into an accident and being sent to the hospital.

Camila hoped the same thing would not repeat. She dressed up casually, not taking it too seriously like the last two times. She also suggested Timothée plan nothing. Timothée agreed with Camila. He would just come to Camila's house and discuss how they wanted to spend their first date when he really could make it. Timothée felt bad about the canceled dates, and Camila told him it was his fault, but they were unfortunate.

Camila had a flashback when she was waiting for Timothée.

*** Flashback started ***

Last week, a day after hiking North Hill, Camila received a message from a number she did not know when she was having her breakfast. She first ignored it until the second message came in when she finished her breakfast.

Xxx: Cancel the date!!!

Xxx: He won't make it like last time.

Camila: wrong number!!!

Xxx: I know. It's Camila Cabello's.

Camila: Who are you???

A message of a picture coming in instead of a text.

Camila: None of your business!!!

Xxx: Bullheaded.

Camila ignored the message. They did not exchange numbers yesterday. However, Lauren certainly could get her number from Normani or Dinah.

In the evening, fifteen minutes before the time, Camila received a call from Timothèe, telling her that he had to cancel their date, again because her mother had an accident and was sent to the hospital. Camila was shocked, and undoubtedly Lauren crossed her mind.

How did Lauren know that Timothèe could not make it? Unless Lauren was the one behind the accident Camila did not want to accuse anyone but she could not think of other possibilities for how her dates were canceled twice because of accidents and how Lauren reminded her. Considering how rude and violent Lauren could be, Camila thought there was a high chance that Lauren was behind it. Camila could not believe it. She took her phone and texted Lauren.

Camila: you're behind the accidents, aren't you?

Xxx: No. 🙄