Chapter 36: Werewolf Relationship

Narrator's POV

Normani continued telling Camila about the story of werewolf romance or love life. It was believed a werewolf's mate was destined by the moon goddess. Werewolf was originally monogamous. They only had one mate for life. They were loyal to their mate or partner until they died, even some would die together or died after their mate died. They would not betray or cheat once they were mated, Normani shared this information not only to answer Camila's curiosity but also to do Lauren a favor. By doing this, Lauren did not have to explain everything from scratch to Camila one day if they were truly destined to be together.

"Really?" Camila doubted it when she remembered Lauren.

"Yes. We are very loyal and can't have more than one mate." Normani said. "Well, like human beings, some are not loyal but we are naturally loyal. In general, we are more loyal than human beings could be."

"Oh, Okay..." Lauren crossed Camila's mind still. 

"What?" Normani asked when she saw Camila's expression which doubted what she said.

"I mean your Alpha is nothing like you just said." Camila had nothing to hide from Normani.

"Well, I have to disagree," Normani said.

"But Alexa is her mate or her Luna, right? Then, she sleeps with others..." Camila whispered. "Including me." 

Normani chuckled when she saw Camila's silly face when she said the last two words, "Alexa is not Lauren's true mate."

"Then, why is she with her?" Camila did not understand. 

"It's complicated. I can't tell you, but you can ask Lauren. I am sure she will tell you." Normani said. 

"No, It's none of my business." Camila said, "I am just trying to understand if loyalty is the value, why she... sleeps around." 

"Lauren is not a conventional Alpha, but she carries the values of a true werewolf. She is powerful, protective, responsible, and loyal."'

"I agree with all that, but not the last one." Camila still could not accept the idea that Lauren was a loyal one. 

Normani smiled and shook her head, "Camila... we can't call her disloyal if she slept with many when she had not found her mate or her Luna yet. But I notice, she has stopped sleeping around these days."

"Why? Is she suddenly enlightened now that Alexa is her Luna and that she has to stay loyal now?" Camila rolled her eyes. Lauren did not show up anymore but still texted her. 

"No. I think she has found her Luna, and it's not Alexa since she doesn't love her." Normani stopped briefly to see Camila's reaction. Camila was subtly surprised. She definitely did not realize that she was who Normani meant. "Lauren is one of the most loyal of our kind. She did not even look at other women now," Normani informed.

"Really? it's hard to believe but whoever she is. It's good for Lauren." Camila said. Camila sipped her coffee. She felt something when she heard that Lauren had found her Luna. "What about you?" Camila did not want to talk about Lauren further. She wanted this weird feeling to stop.

"Me?" Normani laughed, "Like you... I am not thinking of dating anyone yet."

Camila laughed, "Okay. Can your mate be not a werewolf?" Camila wondered.