Chapter 57: Their Marriage

Narrator's POV

The spring breeze was replaced by the summer heat. The long summer heat slowly faded as autumn arrived. The season changed, and Lauren's life did not change much despite she was now married to Alexa. She oversaw her businesses as usual. She still had time to hang out with her best friends: Dinah and Normani. She also still thought of Camila daily. The only thing that changed was that she spent less time at her main home outside the city and her apartment in the city because she was now married and lived with Alexa. In addition, she had a little drama to deal with now and then.

Although Lauren was married to someone who was not her Luna, she was not depressed or unhappy. She was just fine as the marriage was just like a business for her. She knew it was just part of her plan, and it would not last forever. Although Lauren and Alexa shared the same bedroom whenever Lauren came home, they never had intimacy in bed. Lauren never touched Alexa since they got married, even far before they were married. Lauren did not see it as a problem because she did not want to have sex with Alexa anymore since she found and marked her Luna. It was not a problem for Lauren, but it was certainly for Alexa.

It became a problem for Alexa who thought the last sex they had was on the wedding night. She thought so because she woke up the next morning and found herself naked under the blanket with Lauren sleeping half-naked next to her. She did not quite remember it, but she did remember they kissed. Alexa started questioning Lauren when her sexual urge was not fulfilled. Alexa missed Lauren in bed. Lauren let Alexa kiss her, but they never had further than a kiss. The kiss they shared was never a heated kiss or a sexy kiss. Lauren always stopped Alexa whenever the kiss got deeper or longer.

Alexa started to wonder why Lauren acted this way. Alexa did not bother with Lauren's cold side, but she was not used to Lauren rejecting having sex with her. Alexa had known Lauren for years, but she never fully understood Lauren's mind. She knew Lauren more than most people, but she never understood what was really in Lauren's mind. Alexa once asked one of her bodyguards to follow Lauren, but they found nothing. There was not any other woman as she suspected. Alexa got even more frustrated when her father started asking when Alexa and Lauren would have a baby.

Everything seemed fine to Alexa's parents. Alexa also did not tell her parents about her sexless marriage. She kept it to herself because she did not want her father and Lauren's relationship to get worse. Whenever her father asked about when they wanted to have a baby, Alexa would answer that they were not ready for that. It was the same answer that Lauren gave her when Alexa asked Lauren the same question. Alexa told her father that she and Lauren did not want to rush into having a child. They wanted to enjoy and let things flow.

Alexa was used to Lauren's cold side. She was so patient with Lauren, hoping that Lauren would change and change her mind one day. Alexa could keep silent and wait, but not her father. Mr. Ferrer demanded a grandchild immediately. He wanted them to give him a grandchild as soon as possible because it was in his plan. He believed Lauren, who was a rare true alpha could give Alexa a true alpha baby. Having a true alpha in a pack was not only a blessing but would also make their pack the most powerful one.

"Is everything okay with you two?" Mr. Ferrer asked Lauren and Alex when they finished their main course at the Halloween party at his mansion which was attended by family and close friends.

Lauren and Alexa shared a look before Alexa answered. "Yes."

"Healthy and happy?" Mr. Ferrer asked again. "No stress?"

"Father!?" Alexa wanted her father to drop it. She knew it was going to be a problematic conversation.

"You two are the greatest and strongest of our kind for your generation." Mr. Ferrer continued, "I am sure there is nothing that can stop you."