Chapter 22: At The Library

Narrator's POV

Staying at Lauren's place, Camila did not have many things to do, but she had a lot of things to think of. She thought of her friendship with Lucy. She thought of her mother. She wondered how her relationship with Normani and her friends would be after she knew they were werewolves. She also thought of her college. Among the things she was thinking, Lauren occupied her mind the most. She wondered how the things between them would be.

Lauren had saved her life. Camila could not keep on ignoring Lauren. Camila also doubted they could be friends because Lauren had told her what Lauren wanted. Camila would not change her mind about not dating Lauren. She did not want to be involved in Lauren and Alexa's relationship regardless of what kind of relationship Lauren and Alexa had. Camila was thinking about what Lauren asked about spending one night with her. Camila might agree now since Lauren had saved her life.

It was half past ten. Camila had finished one book for the day. She wanted to go out and have a walk because she was bored and not sleepy yet. She would tell Anna that she needed a new book. She went out to find Anna, who sat on the chair with her eyes closed. Camila felt sorry for Anna, who had to accompany her all day. She felt like Anna was babysitting her. Anna opened her eyes and immediately stood up when Camila walked out.

"Camila, do you need anything?" Anna asked.

"You should go and have some rest," Camila pursed her lips. She did not need Anna to stand by twenty-four hours. She did not think she needed Anna's extra guard with all the security guards surrounding the residence.

"I'm fine, Camila. I am on my duty." Anna said.

"You have been accompanying me since morning and throughout the day. I didn't see you have a break. You should go and have a proper rest. I will be alright." Camila was concerned.

"I did have my break," Anna said. "Don't worry about that!"

"Yeah... but you should..." Camila almost told her to have a proper rest as a normal human being, but then she remembered that Anna was probably a werewolf, too: however, werewolves still needed sleep. "I mean, it's not a proper one..."

Anna smiled, "Thank you for your concern, Camila. I am all good."

"Okay... I just want to tell you that you don't have to stand by here for me 24 hours." Camila added.

"Yes, I know." Anna smiled. "Do you need anything? Or you just can't fall asleep yet?"

"Yeah... Can I go to the library to find a new book?" Camila asked.

"Yes, sure!" Anna would love to have a walk, too. She accompanied Camila to the library. It was not too far from the bedroom.

Camila told Anna that she wanted to stay in the library for a while. She was bored in her room. She told Anna to leave and go to her room to rest properly. Anna did not listen to Camila for sure, but Camila did not stop insisting. Camila said she would not get lost and knew how to return to her room. Anna chuckled because it was not the main reason she watched over Camila. Lauren asked Anna to be Camila's bodyguard. She also had to make sure Camila would not roam around the residence unattended. Anna told Camila it was her boss' order.

Hearing that, Camila made Anna call Lauren. Camila wanted to speak to Lauren. Anna asked Lauren before she connected them. Camila managed to convince Lauren to let Anna go with her persistence. Lauren agreed to let Camila stay in the library by herself and dismiss Anna from her duty with one condition: Camila would stay inside the house and would not roam around in the evening. She should directly go back to her room when she finished from the library. Camila promised to comply so that Anna could have a good rest. Although her sneaky self wanted to roam around, she would not do it because she did not want to exhaust Anna. Camila knew Lauren would call Anna back if she did not do what they had agreed.