Chapter 13: Contradiction

Narrator's POV

At that slight moment, Lauren averted her eyes to Camila's lips which were so close and tempting her. The voice in her head was loudly telling her to do it, to close the distance between their lips. A particular sound came in right before Lauren made a move. Unfortunately, that sound brought Camila out of the world she had lost in at that slight moment. Camila's eyes got wider, realizing she was lying on top of someone she despised. She quickly moved from Lauren and went to take her phone, which was ringing on the nightstand.

Camila: Hello! (It was her mother)

Sinu: Wow, you answer fast!! (Her mother was always surprised when Camila answered her call fast. It was rare, but it still happened)

Camila: Yes, mom? (Camila turned to look at Lauren, who had sat up. Lauren stood up and looked at Camila. It was the most awkward moment they had.)

Sinu: Are you home?

Camila: Yes... (Camila sounded a bit weird)

Sinu: Are you lying?

Camila: No!!! (Camila's voice was a bit loud, it made Lauren frown.)

Sinu: You sounded a bit unusual!?

Camila: I just had many pizza for dinner.

Sinu: Oh, is Timothée still there? (Her mother knew that Camila had a date with Timothée)

Camila: No. He's left. (When Lauren was adjusting her pants, Camila's eyes spontaneously, without their owner's approval, traveled down to Lauren's body. She unconsciously bit her lower lip when she saw and realized what she felt when she got off Lauren and the bed. Lauren smirked when she knew Camila was checking on her either it was intentionally or not. Camila turned to another side when she saw Lauren was aware that she was looking at her bulge.)

Sinu: Camila!!! (Sinu realized Camila did not listen to her.)

Camila: yeah??

Sinu: You are not listening. What are you doing?

Camila: Huh, I'm listening. (she glanced at Lauren)

Sinu: Young lady, what are you up to?

Camila: Sorry, mom. I'm getting sleepy in my room.

Sinu: Alright! (Her mother frowned, knowing her daughter sounded unusual.)

Camila: Why are you calling? Do you need help? Are you coming home soon? (Camila looked at Lauren again. Lauren was waiting for Camila, leaning on the wall, and looking at her)

Sinu: I'm on my way home but stuck in the traffic. There's an accident ahead.

Camila: Oh, Okay! Take care and drive safely.

Sinu: Yes, sure! Go to bed if you are sleepy. Don't wait for me!

Camila: Okay, mom!

Sinu: Good night!

Camila: Good night!

After ending the call, Camila walked to the door. She opened the door and looked at Lauren without saying anything. She was signaling Lauren to leave. Lauren said nothing as well. She looked at the apple in Camila's bed. She took it before she walked out of Camila's bedroom. She walked downstairs. Camila followed Lauren. She kept her distance from Lauren. She followed Lauren downstairs to make sure Lauren was out of her house. When they reached downstairs, Lauren turned around and looked at Camila.