Chapter 27: Another Night

Narrator's POV

Lauren looked at Camila's face. She tucked Camila's hair behind her ear and played with the tip of Camila's hair just like she did in the library last night. Lauren played with Camila's hair for a while. She wanted to feel Camila's hair in her fingers and even brought Camila's hair closer to her nose to take in the scent. She admired Camila's hair like how she admired every inch of Camila's body last night.

"It's just alright?" Lauren asked Camila about her answer.

"Does it matter?" Camila furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Yes, it does..." Lauren did not stop playing with Camila's hair as they spoke, "If it's not good enough, I have to do better. If it's good, then... we can do more..." Lauren whispered seductively.

"We agreed it's a one-time thing." Camila reminded Lauren.

"I know." Lauren surely wanted more. She touched Camila's hip before her hand went under Camila's sweater to caress Camila's hip.

"Lauren..." Camila stopped Lauren's hand from moving on her hip. "You said one night, and you will stop bothering me and my friend." Camila added before Lauren spoke, "Can I really trust you?" Lauren always said don't lie, which telling Camila trust was a crucial thing to Lauren. It meant Lauren had to be trustworthy, too.

"I will not come at her as long as she doesn't hurt you." Lauren reconfirmed.

"And me?" Camila looked into Lauren's eyes. She needed confirmation.

"Do you really want me to leave?" Lauren seriously asked. "You don't want to see me anymore?"

Camila did not answer directly. She did not know why she could not bring herself to answer Lauren as she should. She should have easily answered Lauren. Previously, It was clear that she wanted Lauren to stop bothering her and to leave her alone when they talked about it. That was what she wanted to settle with Lauren by agreeing to spend a night with her, but now she was conflicted: part of her wanted Lauren to leave her alone, and another part of her wanted Lauren to stay, and Lauren knew that for sure. 

Instead of answering Lauren directly, Camila said, "You should go back to Alexa." Camila doubted Alexa would be fine if she found out about what they were doing. She was not sure that Lauren told Alexa that Lauren wanted her for more than a night. 

"She knows," Lauren answered the question in Camila's head.

"Lauren..." Camila walked away, fleeing from the trap between Lauren and the wall, but Lauren turned around and pulled Camila back into her arms.

Camila closed her eyes. She did not want to look at Lauren. It was not that she hated her. She was afraid she could not help herself from being weak for Lauren. "Leave me alone..." she said weakly.

"I can't..." Lauren said gently. There was a hint of helplessness in her voice. Camila heard that.

"Did you forget you have Alexa?" Camila warned Lauren. She still did not want to look at Lauren in the eyes. She also knew Lauren, speaking the truth always. She knew what made her weak.

Lauren ignored Camila's question. "I really really like you." Lauren genuinely told Camila about her feelings for her instead. She was not going to explain to Camila about their bond just yet. Camila was not ready for that. Camila would not accept that idea.