Chapter 62: The Attacks

Narrator's POV

Werewolf Alexa was so irritated, thinking her alpha Lauren would do anything for the human being Camila. She growled at Lauren before she attacked Lauren. With one strong swing, Lauren hit Alexa's jaw, causing her to crash down to the right side and hit the corner of their bedroom. Alexa knew she could not win the fight, but she was too upset to hold back. She wanted to express her emotions by attacking Lauren or even to accept being kicked by Lauren. She needed a fight on this full moon night despite what the result was.

Lauren growled at Alexa, telling her that Alexa could not harm her, and to forget about winning the fight. Alexa got up and growled back at Lauren, challenging her to fight her. She told Lauren to kill her if Lauren wanted to be with Camila. Alexa attacked Lauren again. For the second time, she crashed on the floor and hit the other corner of the bedroom. It repeated several times, breaking everything that she crashed into. Alexa got up and wanted to attack Lauren again. Lauren didn't use the same response this time. She caught one of Alexa's forearms and flung her to the ground.

Lauren hovered over Alexa, staring at Alexa with her piercing red eyes. She wanted Alexa to stop and just tell her where Camila was. She did not want to kill Alexa unless Alexa had done something horrible or killed Camila. Alexa was losing her energy before Lauren even really fought back. Lauren was simply defending herself and avoiding Alexa's attack. Alexa was hurt from crashing here and there. She was losing her energy, and her anger was subsiding. She finally shifted herself back into the human form.

Alexa was wounded in the crash. The wounds looked worse when she was back as a human being. Lauren walked aside before shifting herself back to her human form. She only got little scratches, unlike Alexa who looked worse.

"Where is she?" Lauren asked for the last time.

"I don't know," Alexa said in a weak voice.

"Argh!!!' Lauren grabbed Alexa's neck. "Speak!"

"I don't know," Alexa said. "I did nothing." Her tears fell. She could no longer hold all the emotions.

"Don't lie to me!!" Lauren growled at Alexa.

Alexa answered helplessly, "I hate her. I'm glad she's missing, but it's not me."

"Argh!!!" Lauren let go of Alexa's neck. "Alright!" Lauren looked at Alexa, who was still on the floor. "I am leaving. My lawyer will contact you shortly." Lauren walked towards the door.

"Lauren, I did nothing." Alexa was begging, "I am telling you the truth." Alexa shook her head. She did not want Lauren to leave. "Please..."

Lauren turned around. She looked at Alexa.

"Yes, I hope she died. Yes, It crossed my mind to get rid of her. Yes, I am happy she's missing, but I have done nothing." Alexa explained.

Lauren walked closer, "how did you find out about the mark?" Lauren could not be any colder.

Alexa did not answer directly.

"Alexa!!" Lauren crouched down.

"I asked someone to follow her, and Lucy confirmed it, too," Alexa answered.

"When was it?" Lauren asked.

"After New Year," Alexa asked one of her team to find out more about Camila's werewolf mark when she found it strange, watching the interaction between Lauren and Camila at the cafe that day. She excused herself to the restroom, but she was indeed watching them by far. She decided to send someone to follow up and investigate further on Camila after finding nothing on Lauren's side.