Chapter 37: Graduation Day

Narrator's POV

It was the commencement ceremony day. Camila was sitting with other students, listening to the speeches. She was sitting among others whom she did not know well, but she was not alone. Her mother, Normani, and Normani's mother came to celebrate with her. They were waiting for Camila outside the hall with flowers like other families. Normani had promised Camila that she and her mother would show up on her graduation day. Normani wanted to celebrate with Camila. Her mother also joined them to make it merrier.

The ceremony finally ended with the picture sessions. The graduates came out of the hall. They took some pictures before meeting their family and friends who had been waiting for them. Camila smiled when she saw her mother, Normani, and Normani's mother. She ran to them, smiling broadly.

"Congratulations, Camila!" Three of them greeted Camila.

Camila hugged her mother before she hugged Normani and Normani's mother.

"Thank you!" Camila received the flowers from both mothers.

Some of her classmates stopped by, and they congratulated each other. They were taking pictures as they celebrated their graduation. Lucy and her mother also came over when Camila was taking pictures with her mother.

"Hi! We did it, Camila!" Lucy said as they shook hands.

"Yeah, Congratulations!" Camila said.

"Congratulations!" Normani greeted Lucy. It was not their first encounter for sure.

"Thank you!" Lucy said. "Can we talk a picture?" Lucy asked Camila.

"Eh, sure! Mom!" Camila did not want to take a picture with Lucy herself. So, she asked her mother to join, as well as Lucy's mother. After taking a picture with Camila and her mother, Lucy and her mother left to greet other friends.

"That was awkward," Normani said once Lucy left.

"Yeah..." Camila smiled weakly.

"Girls!!!" Dinah called Camila and Normani when she finally spotted the two. Lauren and Dinah showed up after Lucy left. Dinah was holding a few balloons, and Lauren was holding flowers.

"..." Camila did not expect that. She looked at Normani, wondering if she knew about it.

"I've told them, but I can't stop them," Normani said before Dinah and Lauren reached them. Normani had told Lauren that Camila was still not ready to meet or hang out with her again. Lauren knew that, but she did not want to change her mind. She and Dinah wanted to come today to congratulate Camila in person.

"Camila!!!" Dinah ran up to Camila and hugged Camila tightly, "Congratulations, girl! I missed you!!!"

"Thank you, Dinah!" Camila welcomed Dinah, who was excited to see her again, with a warm hug. 

"Hi, Mrs. Cabello! and my lovely Mama Andrea!" Dinah greeted the mothers with a warm hug, too, when Lauren, who did not run like Dinah, finally reached Camila. She took off her sunglasses as she arrived. Camila was a bit tense, but Lauren looked at her gently. It was the first time they met again after Camila left Lauren's place. 

"Congratulations, Camila!" Lauren handed the flowers to Camila and greeted Camila with a cheek kiss. She softly whispered, which only Camila could hear, "You're beautiful."