Chapter 10: At North Hill (Part II)

Narrator's POV

Lauren, Dinah, and Normani heard the growls looked at each other, and did not find Camila among them.

"Oh, No!" Normani ran backward to find Camila.

Dinah and Lauren, who were ahead did the same.

"Camila..." Normani instinctively stood in front of Camila.

"Backward slowly..." Dinah showed up and took a position ahead of Normani. Normani held Camila's hand and guided her backward slowly, while Dinah stood still, facing the wolves.

All the wolves growled at them louder than before. Camila's hands were trembling. The wolves were bigger, louder, and more aggressive than the last ones she met. "Take a deep breath!" Normani whispered to Camila, trying to calm her down.

Lauren, who had arrived with Dinah had been watching the wolves from behind. She calmly walked past Normani and Camila, who was slowly walking backward. She walked ahead, passing Dinah. She stopped looking at the wolves. She stood tall, facing the wolves. She took off her sunglasses before she growled at the growling wolves. It was calm but deep. The wolves gradually stopped growling, but they were still standing there. Lauren growled louder and deeper at them one more time. Scares were written on the wolves' faces as they left immediately.

"Dinah!" Lauren still stood there looking ahead to make sure they were gone.

Dinah walked closer to Lauren, "Yes." She saw Lauren's eyes had turned red. She had shifted a little to scare the wolves away.

"Lead the way!" Lauren told her.

"Okay!" Dinah left Lauren and took the lead in continuing their hike.

"Come on, girls!" Dinah told Camila and Normani.

"They're gone?!" Camila still could not believe it. She looked at Lauren who was still facing away from them.

"Yes, let's go!" Normani said.

"How about her?" Camila asked since Lauren did not move from the spot.

"She will make sure they don't follow us again," Normani told Camila.

"Oh, okay...." Camila said.

Lauren waited until Camila was far enough before she turned around. Her red eyes were gradually changing. They returned to her human green eyes. Lauren put on her sunglasses before she continued the hike. She was glad that the wolves left. They were not just wolves, but a pack of werewolves did not stay and leave. Otherwise, they had to shift into their werewolves selves to fight them. It was not the right time for Camila to know who they were.

Lauren, Dinah, and Normani thought it was not the time yet for Camila to find out who they were, but they would not hide it forever. There would be time for them to reveal their identities. At this moment, they just wanted to get to know Camila, especially Lauren. It took time, but usually, it would not take long to learn about someone.

When they reached the top, Camila immediately sat on the ground. She took out her bottle of water and drank eagerly. Normani smiled when she saw Camila, who finally made it.

"So, did you enjoy it so far?" Normani asked sitting close to Camila.

"Yes, other than the wolves..." Camila asked, "Are they a lot here?"

"Yes, more than South Hill." Dinah sat across them, with Lauren next to her answered. There were not many wolves in South Hill. Those in South Hill were usually not in a group. Camila never crossed paths with them, only once when the last time she was there.