Chapter 20: At Her Residence

Narrator's POV

A woman in her late twenties was sitting on a chair beside a table, reading a book in the hallway. She yawned as the time hit four o'clock in the morning. She stopped yawning and looked at the bedroom as she heard a sound inside the bedroom. She closed her book and looked at the door where the guest was supposed to be sleeping. She stood up when the door slowly opened. She walked closer and greeted the woman wearing a white pajama who showed up behind the door with a smile.

"Hi, Miss!" She smiled, "Do you need anything?"

"Hi!" Camila looked at the woman in front of her before she looked around the hallway. "Where am I?" She asked.

"You're in J Residence." The woman said.

"J Residence?" Camila frowned.

"Yes, the residence of Ms. Jauregui." The woman added.

"Ms. Jauregui?" Camila did not know Lauren's surname. She only knew her by her first name.

"Oh, you may know her by Lauren!" The woman said.

"Oh, who are you?" Camila asked.

"I am Anna. One of the staff here. If you need anything, please do let me know, or you can press the call button at the coffee table in the room." Anna explained.

"Okay..." Camila said in a small voice. She looked at the hallway again. It was early morning. She could not see it clearly.

"It's still early morning, Ms! You can go back to sleep," Anna suggested. "The breakfast will be ready at seven."

"Alright! Thank you!" Camila gave Anna a small smile before she got back into her room.

"My pleasure!" Anna said and sat back down when the door closed. She smiled before she took her book and continued reading.

Camila sat on the small couch as she got back in the room

Camila sat on the small couch as she got back in the room. She looked at the coffee table and found the small call button that Anna told her about. She poured herself a glass of water to drink. Camila put the glass back when she finished the drink and saw a yellow card on the fruit basket. She took it and opened it. She read the beautiful handwriting. She pursed her lips and put the card back.

Hi, Camila!

You are safe in here. I hope you have a good rest.

If you need anything just press the call button. Anna will be there for you.

I will join you for the breakfast.