Chapter 24: Stuck in Her Residence

Narrator's POV

Anna went to Camila's room for the third time this morning. She slowly opened the door when she heard no answer from Camila. She did not want to be rude, but she had to do her job, to make sure that Camila was fine and safe. She had knocked on her door twice at nine and ten o'clock since Camila did not show up for breakfast like she did these past two days. Camila was still not out of her room when it was almost eleven. As Anna entered the room, she walked past the living room and stopped at the archway between the living room and the bedroom area. She smiled when she saw Camila was finally waking up.

"Good morning, Camila!" Anna greeted Camila, who was not fully awake yet.

Camila opened her eyes wider when she realized Anna was in her room. She glanced in the direction where the voice came from, and she saw Anna. "Good morning, Anna!" Camila slightly looked at her bed and realized Lauren was no longer in her room. "What time is it?" She looked at the window, but the curtain was closed.

"It's ten minutes to eleven." Anna walked in to draw the curtain aside.

"Oh..." Camila did not realize she had slept that long. Her eyes adjusted to the light from the window.

"It's still raining..." Anna asked, "Did you sleep well?" Anna asked as she finished drawing the curtain aside.

"Yeah..." Camila sat up. She would get out of bed when Anna came into the room, but not this morning. She realized she was wearing nothing underneath the blanket. She frowned when she recalled wearing her panties after using the bathroom. Could it be Lauren taking it off again? She was not aware of it. She subtly sighed and ran her hand through her hair.

Anna smiled when she saw the mark between Camila's neck and shoulder. She did not see it last night when they were at the library. It meant something happened after she left. She understood now why Camila woke up late. Anna surely knew who did that to Camila. It was just a hickey for Camila, but not for Anna. She was a werewolf. She could see that the hickey was the mark that their leader had given to Camila. This particular mark was only visible and understood by werewolves or certain supernatural beings.

Anna walked closer to Camila, "Do you need a warm bubble bath?" She suggested thinking Camila might need a soothing bath after what happened last night.

"Eh... yeah..." Camila said. "It's a good idea."

"Alright! I'll prepare it for you." Anna was heading to the bathroom.

"Anna, I can do it myself." Camila did not think it was Anna's job.

"Don't worry, Camila! I will make a good one." Anna smiled and continued walking to the bathroom.

Anna understood now why Lauren treated the new guest, Camila, very special: assigning Anna, the head of the household, the most trusted member of this residence team, to watch and take care of Camila. It was very unusual. Previously, Anna understood that Camila was a VIP guest of Lauren, but she understood more now. Camila was special because she was the Luna of their leader.

Camila felt embarrassed when she realized Anna might have noticed the hickey that Lauren gave her. She was half awake when Anna walked into the room, so she did not think of that. Camila took her pajamas from the floor next to her bed. She put it on before looking for her panties and the inner layer of her pajamas. After putting on her clothes, Camila went to the bathroom when Anna was almost done preparing the bath.

"It will be ready soon," Anna told Camila as Camila walked in.

"Thank you so much, Anna!" Camila said, "You know I can do it."