009, s'getti rings

chapter nine

chapter nine

IT WAS STILL LATE, and Carl and Carmen were still sleeping. Carmen had been moved from Daryl's lap as he went off somewhere.

But, him leaving resulted in everyone leaving.

There were walkers outside the barn. And Daryl was trying his best to keep the door closed by himself. So then, everyone was running over trying to push on the door, eventually waking up Carl.

His eyes drifted from the barn to Carmen who slept across from him on Rosita's hoodie. "Carmen." He whisper-shouted. He rushed to her side and began shaking her, "Cami." He said again.

Her eyes fluttered open, the first sight she saw was Carl. And, she thought he looked beautiful. So beautiful.

"Hey." Carmen said, when the gate almost flung open and walkers almost got inside. "Ah shit." Carmen whispered, jumping to her feet and dragging Carl to help the others.

They were all in one big huddle now, pushing on the door, trying their best to keep it closed. And, eventually, it slammed shut.

What. The. Fuck.

THE NEXT MORNING everyone woke up. No one was really doing anything, they kinda just sat around waiting for something to happen.

That was until Maggie and Sasha walked in with an unknown guy. "Hey, everyone. This is Aaron." Maggie introduced him. Everyone raised their guns, Carmen being the first.

"We met him outside. He's by himself. We took his weapons, we took his gear." Maggie stated, Sasha patting him down just for safety measure.

"Hi." Aaron said, his hands above his head. "It's nice to meet you."

He's definitely gay. Carmen thought.

"You said he had a weapon?" Rick asked. Maggie walked over and handed it to him. "There's something you need?" Rick questioned, placing Aaron's weapon in his holster.

"He has a camp nearby." Sasha informed the group, "He wants us to audition for membership."

"Audition?" Carmen scoffed. "I wish there was another word. Audition makes it sound like we're some kind of dance troupe. That's only on Friday nights." Aaron joked.

Yup, definitely gay.

"Um, and it's not a camp. It's a community. I think you all would make valuable additions. But it's not my call. My job is to convince you all to follow me back home." He paused.

"I know. If i were you i wouldn't go either. Not until i knew exactly what i was getting into. Sasha, can you hang Rick my pack?"

Either this guy was really smart, or really dumb.