011, laughter

chapter eleven

chapter eleven

THE NEXT morning, Carmen woke up with half the people in her group gone. She guessed that they had just left to go do some things, woke up early, whatever it was they were quiet doing it.

She got up and walked out the front door which was wide open to see Daryl sat on the front porch of the house. "Hey, Daryl." Carmen greeted.

"Morning, kid." Daryl said, his voice still grouchy. "Where did everybody go?" Carmen asked, she sat next to him on the porch.

"Everyone went out, we didn't wanna wake you, you needed it." Daryl explained. "Thanks, D. How come you're not out exploring?" Carmen chuckled.

"Didn't wanna. I already know what this place is like, bunch o' weak people. Don't know what they're doin' with their lives. Just livin' fake ones." Daryl said.

"Right, yeah. Well i'm willing to give it a chance if you are." Carmen smiled. Daryl nodded, but no promise. "And you need to take a shower. You stink." Carmen said, she got up and left Daryl to be.

After a while, she went and had a shower. It felt weird to say "i'm gonna go have a shower." Especially, after not saying it for two years or so.

"Hey, do you know where Carmen is?" Carl asked Daryl. "She went to have a shower." Daryl replied. "Well, will she be done soon?" Carl asked again.

"I don't know, kid. Why?" Daryl looked up from his crossbow. "Cause i'm going to meet the kids round here, i was wondering if she wanted to come." Carl answered.

"She only just went in. If she comes out and you're still there, i'll send her over." Daryl nodded.

He did not in fact send her over.

BIT LATER, Carmen was again, sat on the porch with Daryl when she saw Glenn and the rest of the group walk through. The man from yesterday, Nicholas, and some other guy, as well as Tara and Noah.

Both Carmen and Daryl made their way over there. "You three need new gigs." The unnamed one spoke. "You're not ready for runs yet." He said.

"Yep, pretty sure you got that backwards." Glenn carried on walking in front, no head turn.

"Hey. Hey. Look, we got a way of doing things around here." The guy tried to explain. "You tied up walkers." Glenn said. "It killed out friend." He argued.

"Look, i'm not having this conversation. You obey my orders out there." The guy said. Everyone was flooding in. Eugene, Olivia, Carmen, Daryl, even a few other friendly neighbours.

"Then we're just as screwed as your last run crew." Glenn spoke. Burn! "Say that again." The other guy said.

"No, back off, Aiden." Tara ordered. "Come on, man. Just take a step back." Noah interfered. "Come on, tough guy." Aiden pushed Glenn.