016, the falling tower

chapter sixteen

chapter sixteen

GLENN WAS still missing. After going out on that little trip they had with Rick and the rest of the group, Glenn hadn't returned.

The walkers still remained outside the walls. Even though the rest of Alexandria wanted them
to remain outside, a part of Carmen wanted them to be inside, she was itching to kill again.

Carmen had heard some news that Ron was being taught how to shoot by Carl and Rick. So, in hopes that Rick would beckon her over, she went to walk around where they were practicing.

She walked by. "Empty magazine." Rick said, removing the magazine from the gun. "Empty chamber, see it?"

"Yep." Ron responded, tilting his head to see the empty chamber Rick was talking about.

"Someone's in front of you. They have a gun."

"You're gonna be scared. You will be." Carl stated.

"Your body's gonna tense, you won't have time to think." Rick commented. "You're just gonna wanna pull the trigger when you get it in front of you." Rick held the gun up, pulling the trigger.

"But you'll miss and you'll be dead." Rick said, turning his head and noticing the girl wondering around.

"Carmen." He addressed, the girl spun her head to his direction, "Over here."

Carl's heart dropped. Not actually, jeez, he's not dying. But, metaphorically, the boy felt doomed.

Carmen walked over, giving Rick a look as if to say what's up? 

"Show Ron how it's done, please." He nodded, handing the empty gun to the girl. She checked the magazine, empty.

"Would've been a lot more fun with bullets." She mumbled, bringing the pistol up.

"You have to get it up to your eye." Rick instructed, as the girl raised the gun up to her eye.

"You've got to be strong enough to wait for your moment." Carl told Ron, almost pretending as if Carmen wasn't there.

"Then. You shoot." Carmen finished, pulling the trigger. "You can't hesitate. You hesitate, you die. In that moment if you think about killing them in the slightest you do it, because if you didn't, you would've have thought about it in the first place." Carmen stated.

"Can..I..uh?" Ron held his hand out towards the gun. Carmen handed it to him, "It'll be a lot more fun when you have bullets in." Carmen nodded.

Ron took the gun, placing his finger immediately on the trigger. "Hey, your finger doesn't touch the trigger." Rick instructed, removing Ron's finger off the trigger, "Until you're ready to shoot."

"Keep that one with you. Get a feel of what it's like to carry one around." Rick said. Carmen instantly knew it was a bad idea. She can't predict the future, but she knows somethings wrong.