046, honesty

chapter forty six

chapter forty six

WHEN THE GROUP arrived back at Hilltop, all eyes are on them. They had walked through with an unknown girl blindfolded, being guided by Michonne while she sat on the horse. Beside the girl was Eugene, who also sat on a horse. And as you can imagine, the worse one of all as Jesus laid on his stomach, his body crossing over the saddle of the horse.

Carmen stood beside Aaron the whole time, he was the most affected by Jesus' death. After how he handled Eric, she made sure to never let him go through something like that again. But it had happened.

Carmen saw Rosita. Her face was pale, almost paper white. Her long black hair was all frizzy, mostly from the static of it laying against her pillow, and some of it being caused by the wind.

Beside Rosita was Siddiq, who didn't hesitate to run towards the dead body of Jesus, Tara not far behind him. She rested her hand on his back. Carmen shot a small smile of sympathy towards Tara, placing a supporting hand on her shoulder while she left Tara to have a moment with Jesus.

Carmen made her way over to Rosita. Her black combat boots buried themselves into the grassy ground of Hilltop as Carmen made a beeline toward her sister. Carmen's arms swung open wide, embracing her sister in a very much needed hug.

Carmen then stepped aside from the hug, keeping her sister in arm's length as she rested her head on Rosita's shoulder. Rosita rubbed Carmen's arm with her hand as the two Espinosa girls watched Jesus' body he carried off the horse by Daryl, Yumiko and Magna.

The image of his corpse remained in Carmen's head. It was impossible for her to get rid of it, even when she closed her eyes. He was too pale, practically turning green. A vein was bulging out of his forehead, the only alive thing actually left with him. His arms dangled helplessly, swinging back and forth as Daryl walked backwards with his torso in his arms. Seeing a dead body was one thing, but seeing a dead body of a loved one was another.

Once Jesus had been taken care of, and he was placed in a place of rest, there next objective was the girl.

Carmen had let Rosita rest, also meaning that she was being cared for and bothered by Tommy. Carmen wanted to be there, but she knew Rosita was okay. And, she cared more about this stupid girl than arguing with a grown ass man.

The girl was still blindfolded, while being carried by Daryl and Michonne. Behind them, was Carmen and Tara. Tammy turned to Michonne, "Was this who did it?"

"No. One of her people." Michonne responded. Tammy then turned to Tara while Carmen carried on walking behind Michonne and Daryl.

"You lockin' her up?" Tammy asked. Tara opened her mouth, "We're getting answers."

"And then what? Tara, Jesus trusted you, so we're all lookin' to you now. But people are gonna want justice for this. And when that time comes, we're gonna look to you for that, too." Tammy sighed.